HSBC and you
We are looking for collaborative and dedicated graduates to join our global Graduate Programme who are sociable networkers, diverse thinkers and great team players. At HSBC we are open to diverse ideas and cultures, being connected to our customers, communities and each other, and being dependable. These are the values that guide us every day as we strive to do the right thing for HSBC and our customers. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Who we are
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. Our global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 65 countries and territories. We recognise that the talent and diversity of our people are the foundation of our success, and we hire, develop and promote employees based on merit. Our open, supportive and inclusive working environment encourages colleagues to be themselves and achieve their potential. We’re looking for talented people who are committed to helping us build and grow our business by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions that they make.
Our network covers both established and emerging markets across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America. Within these markets, we serve our customers through our global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management which are in turn supported by global functional and operational areas such as Global Technology and Global Operations.
We aim to be one of the world’s leading international banks. We’ll achieve this by recruiting talented students and graduates who share our vision and our values, and can lead us into the future.
More about the Commercial Banking Graduate Programme
Our Graduate programme is structured across 18 months, broken down into three six-month placements in:
The relationship management placement will enable you to build knowledge and experience in two key areas of banking. They are financial/non-financial analysis of a company and managing a relationship with the company. Within these areas you will be involved in client meetings, dealing with queries from the stakeholder and supporting the Relationship Director in their activities.
This placement is designed to enhance your knowledge of the products we offer to our customers. You will be working as an analyst to support generating new income for the ever-evolving strategy of the business lines (Global Trade and Receivables Finance, Global Liquidity and Cash Management, and Commercial Banking). Roles can either be in the front line or head office.
Managing and mitigating risk is crucial within HSBC, and you have the opportunity to learn from the many sectors (Financial Crime, Credit Risk, Loan Management Unit) that fall into this area. You will gain an understanding of how we as a business mitigate risks across the business lines to best serve our customers.
You and your career journey
Not only will you gain valuable experience in the different areas within Commercial Banking (CMB), you will have access to a wealth of training and development opportunities, including support to study for a professional qualification, a graduate buddy, a senior business mentor and a dedicated programme manager. You can also shape your graduate scheme by joining:
- HSBC Commercial Banking (CMB) Graduate Forum - The graduate team works collaboratively to organise Development Days and expand the graduate community skill sets.
- HSBC Graduate Communities Committee - You can actively give back to the community by getting involved in events to support our leading charity ‘The Alzheimer’s Society’ or local charities in your area.
- HSBC Generation Z Committee - This was designed by graduates to inspire students in schools by providing them with the skills they need to join and succeed in the workforce and show them how to demonstrate inclusivity in today’s diverse office spaces.
- HSBC Graduate Attraction Team - You can get involved in visiting universities across the country to attract and recruit top undergraduate talent, while sharing your passion and knowledge of HSBC. This includes but is not limited to Careers Fairs, employability sessions and networking events. You can also assist in the planning and organising of events for the HSBC attraction campaign.
- Based on your current results you must be on track to receive a minimum of a 2:1 degree classification/ 3.2 GPA or higher or overseas equivalent to this
- You must have obtained at least 300 UCAS* points pre September 2017 and 120 post September 2017 in accordance with UCAS tariff changes across your top three A2 Levels or equivalent, excluding General Studies (AS Levels and GCSE are not considered). Or if there were mitigating circumstances that prevented this, you must provide evidence of these.
- The location for this role is UK wide, therefore, you must be able to commit to being nationally mobile and be available to undertake the travel required for this role.
- You can only apply for one HSBC Graduate Programme each year
- By the time of starting employment, successful candidates must have permission to work in the UK for the entirety of the program.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!