On this competitively paid internship, you’ll be a part of a forward-thinking team within either Sales or Investments, understanding how HSBC connects customers and clients globally with various investment opportunities.
What you can expect
On our Global Asset Management Internship, you can expect to be part of a worldwide network, working with people of different cultures, international clients and diverse teams.
You will be working in either the UK or Hong Kong. You will be continually challenged and given responsibility, and will be supported by our experts who are ready to pass on their understanding of our clients and knowledge behind the complexities of working in a multinational bank.
What you will do
You will not only learn about the breadth of the impact of our work, from regional and individual accounts to multinational and investment opportunities, but you will discover the importance behind risk management and data analysis. You will explore how a dedicated and curious attitude can go far when it comes to offering our clients a better service.
- For those joining our Sales stream, you will develop your interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, as you build your understanding of working with clients.
- For those joining our Investments stream, you will develop your analytical skills, at both a micro and macro level. Intellectual curiosity and problem-solving are key.
Who does this suit?
We’re looking for collaborative and courageous people who are:
- Strategic thinkers. We might be an international-focused bank, but it’s critical to our success that we consider local strategies, becoming regional guides for our clients. You should be energised by the opportunity to provide better ways of working for our clients
- Problem solvers. We will task you with a range of projects that will require you to understand client needs and support the delivery of solutions. Having an analytical and innovative approach will help you to reach solutions faster
- Opportunity takers. We are an international company offering many opportunities. Jumping at the chance to take on a new meaningful and rewarding project will show that you’ve got the motivation to move up to the next level
- Sociable networkers. You will need to be able help solve customer problems while keeping a level head – a dedication to keeping your clients happy will go far
Learning and development
We take your learning and development seriously so that you get the most out of your internship. Your time with us will begin with a one-week induction that will give you an overview of HSBC, our business and culture, and how Global Asset Management fits into the overall structure. After this, your placement will provide you with a combination of practical experience and classroom training. This will help you to develop your technical skills and give you a detailed insight into our markets.
At the beginning of your internship, you’ll be set measurable objectives and receive feedback throughout the 10 weeks. There will be many people you can call on for support. Your manager will be able to give you guidance on your career options. You’ll be assigned a buddy to share ideas with and who you can call on for advice.
There will be regular business and social events to attend so you can build a network of global contacts, which will prove invaluable to you in the future.
We offer a market-competitive pay and benefits package according to your role and location.
What can this lead to?
If your internship goes well, you could be considered for our Global Asset Management Graduate Programme. From there, you will have the opportunity to progress to an exciting role with us.
Minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree and 120 UCAS points or for those who passed exams before 2017, 300 UCAS points (or equivalent, excluding General studies)
Please be advised that you should apply for one HSBC Internship Programme. Candidates with multiple applications will be progressed on one application.
The base location for this role is London, although we offer opportunities globally, please refer to our website for further details. Please make sure that you will have the right to work in the UK at least until the end of the programme.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!