On our competitively paid Industrial Placement, you will complete a 12-month placement located in one of our offices in Birmingham, Chester or Leeds within a strategic priority role within HSBC UK. You will learn how we serve our customers and the importance of understanding their needs, to allow you to put them at the heart of everything we do.
What to expect:
In Wealth and Private Banking (WPB), we help customers across the world with the management of their day-to-day finances and savings. You can expect to expand your skills while learning to thrive under pressure. You will be supported throughout by a team of professionals who will help to build your knowledge of banking and to develop and present ideas with confidence. We will reward you with a market-competitive pay and benefits package.
What you will do:
The Industrial Placement will expose you to our business and help you to understand how we work with our customers on exciting and innovative projects. You will experience a fast-paced environment and have a chance to work on projects affecting real business and community needs, as well as understanding the importance of protecting the interests of our customers at all times. When joining one of our specialist teams, you can increase your exposure to creative projects that influence the direction of our bank.
Successful candidates will work with a specific business area of WPB such as Banking & Propositions, Chief Control Office, Chief Operating Office, Distribution, Insurance and Wealth & Advice. We also have opportunities to work in M&S Bank or first direct. You will support the management and execution of the strategic priorities of HSBC UK. This is a UK role meaning but there is an expectation that there is remote interaction with Global and Regional teams in other locations and other Business Areas/Functions.
Who does this suit:
We are looking for collaborative, dedicated and courageous people who are:
- Confident communicators - in our ever-changing industry, it is vital that we talk to each other and pass on the correct information when required.
- Good Networkers - We encourage you to collaborate with clients, senior management, peers and our other teams internationally. This means you should be a strong communicator, show courage when presenting and be the face of HSBC to our clients
- Diverse Thinkers – Brining new ideas to the table and sharing an enthusiasm for improving our services is welcomed by our teams. Your dedication to delivering projects efficiently and sticking to rules and regulations will be important
- Opportunity Takers – Having the courage to jump at the chance to take on challenging, yet rewarding projects will show you’ve got the motivation to take proactively develop your skills and yourself throughout your placement.
What can this lead to:
If you excel on your Industrial Placement, you could be considered for our WPB Graduate Programme. Here, you will not only develop your skills in people management and customer service, but also you will learn new ways of working in our teams, taking a step closer to a professional career within HSBC UK.
- Based on your current results you must be on track to receive a minimum of a 2:1degree classification/ 3.2 GPA or higher or overseas equivalent to this
- You must have obtained at least 300 UCAS* points pre September 2017 and 120 post September 2017 in accordance with UCAS tariff changes across your top three A2 Levels or equivalent, excluding General Studies (AS Levels and GCSE are not considered). Or if there were mitigating circumstances that prevented this, can you provide evidence of these.
- You must be in your Penultimate Year of Undergraduate Study. Expected Graduation Year 2023
- The location for this role is UK wide and you will not be able to choose your location therefore, you must be able to commit to being nationally mobile and be available to undertake the travel required for this role.
- You can only apply for one HSBC Programme each year
- By the time of starting employment, successful candidates must have permission to work in the UK for the entirety of the program.
- You will be fluent in English and be legally permitted to work in the UK
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!