At Aon, our people are our most valued asset. We want to attract, motivate and retain the best people — and so do our clients.
Every organisation, industry and economy around the world is confronting more disruption than ever before. And, with industry lines rapidly blurring, companies in every sector are competing to hire a limited number of talented, skilled individuals. Having the right people on board is the key to maximising business growth and managing volatility.
Through our human capital solutions practice, we work collaboratively with our clients to understand the people, jobs and rewards their businesses needs to succeed. We are partners and trusted advisors to all sorts of companies, from the largest global organisations and FTSE 100 household names to smaller emerging companies.
Within our Human Capital Solutions practice, we are recruiting graduates into the following specialist role:
Aon Rewards – Europe Client & Data Operations
Overview of the team
The European Client & Data Operations team are responsible for the full client experience as it relates to our rewards survey data products. They are the first point of contact for clients as they interact with our platforms, participate in our surveys and engage with our data. They are also responsible for the full client data management process, from submission through in depth data analysis and market results delivery.
We are recruiting individuals to support our clients and data processes across our two primary platforms:
The Radford data platform, RadNet, provides compensation market data across Technology, Life Science, Energy, Retail & e-commerce and other industries. In 2021, we reported 15.2 million incumbents in the global market with data collected from 5,000 clients over 97 countries.
Considered the leading rewards data provider within the Financial Services industry, McLaganLive provides compensation survey data in both bespoke survey results files and through dynamic apps that allows the user to mine down and position the job data against custom markets. McLagan has over 4.2 million incumbents being reported from 3,800 clients over 38 regions and we develop over 18,000 reports each year.
Within the client & data operations team, our new graduates will work in teams that support specific industries and clients, like Asset Management, FinTech, or Renewables. They will develop expertise in the clients they support and the markets they are responsible for, this will include in-depth understanding of the rewards data and rewards practises. As well as being responsible for the data management and review of all our client data, graduates will provide data analysis and project support, working closely with colleagues in the Data Solutions and Advisory teams as they provide data led advice to clients.
Overview of Client Operations
A client operations analyst is responsible for supporting the client as they participate in our surveys and use our data. This includes:
- Supporting clients with data submission training, collecting of data, training in survey platforms, interpreting of compensation surveys and survey access support.
- Ensuring data submission timelines are met, to quality standards, and clients are invoiced promptly and working closely with the Data Operations team in order to achieve this.
- Understanding complexities of data gathering and handling, data nuances and caveats, and best practices.
- Maintaining existing client accounts with the highest client servicing standards.
- Liaising with local/regional/global colleagues to manage client relationships.
- Preparing / review materials for round table and conference meetings, including annual conference / results delivery meetings
- Participating in ad-hoc custom survey/ benchmarking projects with advisory and/or data service projects / opportunities
- Supporting colleagues across Aon practices to understand Reward Solution capabilities and have a good grasp of how the work can be leveraged to other areas of the firm
Overview of Data Operations
The data operations team is a team of technical individuals focused on the quality data management, database administration, technology support and development and product delivery. Members of the team will be responsible for end-to-end data management, report configuration and results delivery. They partner with their colleagues in client operations and across the Aon Rewards business to capture client and product delivery requirements and plan delivery in line with the global rewards data delivery programme. Some responsibilities include:
- Partner with the business to gather requirements for new year data collection.
- Support loading, validating, and editing our clients’ data submissions to ready for report generation.
- Configure and run key Survey product deliverables using inhouse technology and application systems.
- Daily communication with members of the firm ranging from analyst to partner.
- Ability to problem solve required needs of our clients.
- Work with technical teams to further understand and develop our inhouse systems.
- Work with reporting teams to better our applications that support our year-round data business.
- Mandatory training to ensure high quality of work and proper ethics are being followed in accordance with Aon’s Global Policy and Aon United initiatives.
- A minimum of a 2:1 in any discipline
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Understanding of compensation/benefits surveys and data
- Experience in data review with keen eye for accuracy & detail
- Experience of producing and presenting reports, in a clear and concise manor
- Ability to work autonomously with limited oversight
- Client service orientation and a team player
- Analytical mind and strong communication skills
- Prioritisation and process management
- Interest in coding, desirable to have experience using SQL
After the graduate programme, what’s next?
During the programme, you’ll be encouraged to explore opportunities across the business in a wide breadth of areas. Starting as an analyst, you’ll be immersed in all areas of your department, allowing you to specialise in the area that interests you most.
After completing your training on the graduate programme, you’ll be able to take on more and more responsibility on client projects. This allows you to develop your skill set and build client relationships as you work your way up to a consultant role.