The driving force behind any successful business is the people and at L’Oréal people are the core of everything we do. It has never been more important to find the right talent to make innovations and decisions to push the business to be the best.
You need to be a people person; you’ll need the emotional intelligence it takes to work with a wide variety of people and solve problems that arise. There will also be opportunity to help with the learning and development of staff too, making this a busy but rewarding role. You will be required to provide a high level of customer service to both candidates and the internal managers alike.
We will give you the opportunity to get a true flavour of the world of Human Resources with a specific focus on Generalist HR.
Day-to-day you may be...
- HR administration: work on the generation of bespoke letters and presentations, maintaining organisational charts, employee files, support with talent meetings and employee relations hearings, as required.
- Employee Relations: support the HR Business Partners with Employee Relation cases and note taking
- Project work: support with ad-hoc project work, such as the Division’s EVP and the Intern development programme.
- HR administration for starters leavers, transfers, maternity and monitoring of probation periods ensuring action and production of documentation within specified time frames
- Support Recruitment: advertising, tracking, screening and interviewing candidates.
- Supporting and leading HR project work
- Provide support to HR Officers and business including performance mgmt. and absence mgmt.
- Maintain Employee Files in line with Data Protection Act.
- Ensure good knowledge of company policies and procedures
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong team player approach with the ability to network.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Proactivity, with a keen eye for improved efficiency.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.