Our Remediation Services team are looking for enthusiastic Environmental Graduate Consultants. At AECOM our Remediation Team has one of the largest environmental site investigation and assessment divisions in the UK&I with an unprecedented global footprint, serving clients in many sectors including property and development, oil and gas, industrial and manufacturing, transportation and the public sector.
This role will involve working within a team, designing and undertaking desk studies, site investigations, risk assessments and remediation solutions including laboratory procurement for environmental analysis, data analysis, factual and interpretative report writing. Also coordinating field service subcontractors and fully supervising ground investigation works, collecting soil and groundwater samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities at various sites in the UK, co-ordinating with laboratories, compiling and helping interpret field and analytical data into high quality conceptual models, assisting with groundwater risk assessments to inform mitigation measures and remediation design, ensuring health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project, learning the AECOM quality management system, implementing AECOM’s principles of environmental protection and sustainability within the context of the Remediation Services business.
Those with an aptitude for numerical modelling can often become more involved with modelling groundwater flow and contaminant fate and transport, to inform risk assessment and remediation design.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets f or governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
The Environment business line's 4,400 talented environmental professionals provide environmental solutions for private and public clients around the world. We offer environmental management services that meet client needs for feasibility, impact analysis, and operational compliance as well as remediation, restoration and reuse of impacted property.
When a graduate starts with us, we pair them with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects. To work within a team, designing and undertaking desk studies, site investigations, risk assessments and remediation solutions including laboratory procurement for environmental analysis, data analysis, factual and interpretative report writing.
- To coordinate field service subcontractors and fully supervise ground investigation works.
- To collect soil and groundwater samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities at various sites in the UK.
- To coordinate with laboratories to secure appropriate analysis and in a timetable consistent with project requirements.
- To compile and interpret field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models.
- To assist with the interpretation of data, including human health and groundwater risk assessments to inform mitigation measures and remediation design.
- To ensure that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project.
- To learn the AECOM quality management system and ensure its effective implementation by the team for all projects and proposals.
- To consider and implement AECOM’s principles of environmental protection and sustainability within the context of the Remediation Services business.
For this role you will ideally hold an MSc Hydrogeology or similar, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering. A strong undergraduate degree should be within Chemistry, Geochemistry, Engineering Geology, Geophysics, Geography, Earth Science, Environmental Engineering/Science, Environmental Bioscience. Studies must have a focus on Hydrogeology.
You will also have the following:
- Practical application of geological and hydrogeological concepts
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- You must have an interest in contaminated land
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in sometimes challenging conditions.
- Good interpersonal/teamwork, organisational and communication skills, comfortable liaising with clients, colleagues and sub-contractors alike.
- Flexible with working hours and locations, frequent travel within 1 – 2 hrs drive of home 3 office, and occasionally further afield.
- Willingness and ability to learn and rapidly master new tasks and work under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands.
- Strong research and report writing (including web-based research).
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus.
- Solid attention to detail and thorough approach to work.
- Commercial awareness for business development, marketing, and proposal preparation.
- Field investigation experience.
- Experience collecting groundwater data and samples.
- Understanding of contaminated land assessment.
- Understanding of field sampling and data review.
- Some experience of working in a corporate environment (within or outside of environmental consultancy)
- A full driving licence would be beneficial as the role may involve travel for site surveys often with equipment
- Fluency in other languages is an advantage.
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, and each and every one of them makes a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Professional Institutes you may work towards are Chartered Institute for Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) and Chartered Geologist (CGeol).
Ireland, Wales, Greater London, North East, West Midlands, UK