About Independent Audit
We’re a management consultancy (not an audit firm!) established in 2002. Our main office is in the City of London, and we also have offices in Brussels and Dublin. We’re a team of 20 and we advise all sorts of organisations, from big, listed companies to government bodies to charities.
We work directly with the boards of directors of our clients. Most organisations have a board to oversee management and take the most important decisions about the purpose of the organisation and how that purpose will be achieved. Boards think through what these decisions will mean for employees, customers, shareholders and wider society.
So, who should serve on a board? And what can a board do to improve their decisions? Can they be sure that the finances and risks are under control? How should they tackle climate change and increase diversity? These are some of the questions we help our clients answer.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for motivated graduates to become trainee consultants. We’d love to hear from you if you:
- want to learn about and have an impact on how a wide range of organisations work at the highest level
- communicate concisely and effectively (spoken and written)
- can analyse information from multiple sources
- are pro-active, learn fast and solve problems
- want to be part of a dynamic team with diverse skills and backgrounds
We’re open-minded about academic background as long as you have an interest in learning about business, strategy, financial management, marketing and HR. You should have achieved a minimum 2:1 in your chosen degree.
We welcome and value candidates from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds, genders and candidates with disabilities.
We’re looking for candidates to start in September.
What you’ll be doing
In your first two years with us, you could expect to support colleagues across the company in:
- interviewing board members at client sites and observing board meetings first-hand
- analysing information and preparing reports
- conducting market research
- developing new products
- delivering sales and marketing campaigns
- presenting to boards.
This will give you a solid set of consulting skills as well as a rounded view of all sorts of organisations and how they are run – from public-sector bodies to big listed companies. It will also give you a foundation for further specialisation based on your aptitude and interests.
Team-working is vital to how we serve our clients and you would be working part of the time in our London office, partly at client sites and partly remotely.
Salary range and additional details:
- 25 days annual leave not including public holidays, plus an annual closure between Christmas and New Year
- 5% workplace pension contribution
- Funded professional development opportunities (this year our staff all completed a “mini-MBA”)
- Annual summer party & long weekend trip
To apply, please click the 'apply by email' button.
- your CV
- up to 200 words explaining the role of a board of directors in 2021
- up to 200 words giving one reason you would like to work at Independent Audit and one reason why you’re the right candidate
Application deadline: 30 June 2021
We will inform all applicants whether they have been invited to interview by w/c 5 July.
If invite to an interview, you will likely be expected to travel to London for a one-day assessment centre unless travel restrictions or your own personal circumstances make not possible, in which case we will do a virtual assessment day.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!