Industrial Placement - Project Management Consultancy - Defence
The Service We bring fresh thinking and a new approach to the sector, building on our skills and expertise in delivering complex projects and programmes. Our approach is to complement our clients’ skills and experience by offering services that drive for better value and efficiencies in their capital spend through improved service delivery. We offer a range of services that span the management of physical infrastructure by working in integrated teams to support service delivery.
As a graduate in Project Management, you will work closely with clients and consultants delivering projects through all stages of the construction life-cycle.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Preparing tender documents
- Contributing to the project execution plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and looking for mitigation where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Providing general support and assistance to the Project Manager
Professional Qualification Routes
Graduates working in project management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with a relevant Chartership body and further support towards obtaining a professional qualification with the Association of Project Managers (APM).
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained)
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry
- Satisfactory completion of a background check
Reading/London, Plymouth, Devonport