Industrial Placement - Project Management Consultancy - Pharmaceutical & Technology
The Service We understand the complex environments within which our biopharmaceutical and research clients operate in, providing them with the expertise they need to realise their business objectives. As a contractor and consultant, we draw upon diverse expertise to provide a truly unique consultancy offering in setting up new facilities to research and pharmaceutical clients. We manage the entire lifecycles of projects and programmes through all phases of design, construction, and operation.
As a graduate in Project Management, you will work closely with clients and consultants delivering projects through all stages of the construction lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Preparing tender documents
- Contributing to the project execution plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and looking for mitigations where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Providing general support and assistance to the Project Manager.
You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
Professional qualification routes
Graduates working in this sector will be supported in working towards a relevant professional qualification or membership.
- A Construction, Chemistry or Bioengineering related degree is preferred
- Linguistic competency in German is also preferred
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
Additionally you will need
- An understanding of the project life cycle and the roles and responsibilities of project teams
- Ability to adapt and add value to different teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to deliver results
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.