The Daily Mile Foundation
Job background/brief overview
The Daily Mile Foundation is a charity set up in 2016, encouraging primary schools and nurseries to take children outside running for 15 minutes each day. The aim of The Daily Mile is to improve the physical, emotional and social health & wellbeing of children in the United Kingdom and around the world – regardless of age or personal circumstances, to create healthy habits for life. It is a free and effective programme that any school can implement without need for staff training, and its impact can be transformational.
In 2018, The Daily Mile Foundation, supported by INEOS, partnered with ITV to launch a UK-wide campaign with the aim of persuading every primary school in the United Kingdom to join The Daily Mile. As the programme continues to expand, we are looking for a candidate who will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Foundation’s global team across all areas of its’ strategy including Research, Marketing & Communications and Partnerships, as well as supporting financial administration and diary management.
Principle Accountabilities of the role
The successful applicant’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating all meetings for the Foundation, and leading diary management for Founder Elaine Wyllie MBE
- Overseeing coordination of the Foundations’ attendance at conferences/events
- Supporting financial management, ensuring that all supplier invoices received are promptly processed for payment and maintaining accurate records of all invoicing.
- Acting as lead point of contact for the Foundations’ API and API reporting, including using the database to provide monthly reports to global partners and Trustees on school sign up figures.
- Acting as the lead point of contact for all schools, as well as supporting successful delivery of the global partnerships programme as needed.
- Monitoring the growing global community of Daily Mile schools and managing school sign ups
- Daily monitoring of all Foundation operated social media accounts, and supporting the Digital and Communications Executive with website design, maintenance and copy.
- Supporting national/local media campaigns as required, including assisting with arranging media and filming opportunities with schools, acquiring parental consent, etc. This will include liaising with the Foundations’ external media agency and ITV
To be considered for the role, you will need to be educated to degree level with previous office/administrative experience, along with:
- A drive for action, initiative and delivery - a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience of using social media (including Twitter, Facebook or Instagram) to post and engage with content
- Experience of using databases and other digital platforms
- Experience of working in a charitable organisation (Desirable)
- Ability to work flexibly and travel as required, with occasional out of hours working
- Role to be based in central London office
- Committed to the overall aims of The Daily Mile Foundation and a genuine interest in children’s health and wellbeing
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please apply and submit your CV. The deadline for applications is Wednesday 16th October 2019
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!