The Integration & System Validation (ISV) department plays a critical role in the development and proving of MBDA’s new and existing products. ISV engineers work on a variety of tasks such as; aircraft, naval and land integration activities, weapon system integration and trials support and conduct.
What’s the opportunity?
You'll experience aspects of one of our projects to ensure trial delivery, including mechanical & electrical engineering, test equipment and trials conduct. Your placement could be in:
- Weapon systems integration testing of sub-system and system level functionality,
- Functional proving of system response and performance,
- Integration of missiles and weapon systems onto delivery platforms,
- Trials planning and support to trials clearance documentation,
- Conduct of sub-system and system trials at various levels of maturity,
- Conduct of Firing trials and system level acceptance support.
You'll get an insight in to the company and the wider UK defence environment, work with a range of people and customers. You'll learn to use a coding language (MATLAB, VBA, C, Python) and be supported by experienced and talented engineers.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package (please note that not all benefits are available to our summer placement and undergraduate students).
What are we looking for?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in Maths, Physics, Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering or a related Engineering subject.
- Enjoy problem solving and have a common-sense approach.
- Ability to communicate clearly through written English.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNI
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!