Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technologies Graduate Scheme 2022
South East +3
Digitally transforming our future
On our Graduate Development Programme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in the engineering industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders. While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for women's equality and how we're Disability Confident and an inclusive employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
The Transportation division in Atkins brings together the capabilities of our Highways?and Rail teams into a single business of 3,000 talented engineers and professionals.??You’ll be?working within?Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technology?(IMST),?a growing practice?of?around 80 engineers, consultants, scientists,?and technical specialists transforming the future of transport.? The IMST team assists public sector organisations in a wide number of activities, providing ‘whole life’ consultancy across the breadth of a project.
Typically, these include:
- High value strategic and technical advice, feasibility, and scoping?studies?
- Business case development, new business models, and requirements capture?
- Scheme performance evaluation?and optimisation?
- High level design work and technical assurance?
- Specification and technical document development?
- Research and development studies?
- Project management??
Join us as a Graduate in our Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technologies practice and be part of something big. We’ve a growing range of clients, and we need many different skills and capabilities to deliver projects for them. We believe that diversity is the key to success and makes us stand out from the crowd, and therefore are searching for graduates with a variety of degree types and backgrounds to join our team.
Key areas of responsibility will include:??
- The delivery of?high quality, innovative client solutions?as part of a team
- Data processing, technical report writing, requirements gathering
- Project management support for small-to medium sized projects
- Assisting in the development of consultancy offerings, bids, and propositions??
- Technical?consultancy and?assurance, and growing your area of technical expertise?
- We link ITS with future-focused technology opportunities, working across the transport sector to help our clients navigate a rapidly changing world. We have market-leading capability in motorway control systems, toll road systems, urban traffic control, traffic operations, traffic signalling and smart ticketing. We blend this with thinking and advice on emerging trends and growing areas such as digital highways, mobility as a service (MaaS), big data and data exploitation, electric vehicles (EVs), and connected and autonomous Vehicles (CAVs). We deliver projects that push the boundaries of transportation and consider road safety, human factors, and scientific behavioral research as complimentary disciplines to our established technical practice.
A bachelor’s or master’s degree (a minimum 2.2 Bachelors or 2.2 Masters) – this could be in the Sciences, Engineering or IT, or indeed in any subject with the technical or analytical elements suited to a good consultant.
Relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to: Engineering, Transport Economics, Transport Planning and Management, Maths, Geography, Human Factors, Behavioral or Organisational Psychology (MSc), Transport Management and Logistics (MSc), Ergonomics (MSc), Smart Cities, (MSc), Digital Technologies (MSc), Intelligent Vehicles (MSc), Risk Management (MSc).
Locations for this business include our IMST hub offices in Epsom, Bristol, Birmingham, and Manchester.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
Find out more about why we believe ‘Different, makes a difference’
What you'll need?
- A passion for working in a consultancy environment
- Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 paid volunteer days per year, to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- An assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a collaborative graduate network across all locations
- Support to achieve Chartered status or equivalent with a relevant institution
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- Annual Graduate Events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Access to all employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to our Women’s Professional Development Programme and ethnic minority Empowering Programme
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
Epsom, Bristol, Birmingham, and Manchester.
South East, South West, West Midlands, North West