Voltvision is an innovative technology company that is developing advanced data analytics methods, driving C02 reduction and predictive maintenance in multiple industrial and renewable power generation sectors. We work with some of the UK’s most respected computing institutions to deliver a sophisticated electrical data analytics and engineering consulting service to our clients. We are a global fast-growing UK based company who are changing the way large operators of processing plants and power generation approach the use their equipment.
Roles and responsibilities
We are looking for an individual who is keen to join an innovative, young company which is growing and developing quickly. The role is for an IoT Software Engineer to work within the Technical Integration team, to deliver key client applications.
- Work closely with others members of the commercial and technical team
- Work with client, internal electrical and hardware teams to finalise designs of clients technical solutions. Member of the Offering Committee – preparing technical proposals and solution design in line with customer requirements
- Once design has been set by internal team you will have a key role within the solution process and technical deployment, along with customer integration
- Oversee discussions with client over their communication restrictions and management of pre-programmed IOT connectivity
- Monitor uptime of systems deployed at client locations
- Design & create software user interfaces for upcoming IoT projects
- Design & create back end systems for IoT devices, linking sensors to MQTT data extraction
- Analyse test data and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Propose product modifications, new products and process changes based on tests results
Prepare necessary documentations about daily operation activities, customer solutions, products and change request, write reports
Qualifications and education requirements
- Degree level qualification relating to Computer Science, Software Engineering, Robotics etc.
- Minimum of a 2:1 is desirable.
- Or Equivalent experience within industry.
- Thorough understanding of principles of both software and computer engineering
- Good understanding of IoT Networking Protocols, MQTT etc..
- Managing customer technical projects and accounts
- Understand what makes a good user experience
- Must be flexible to work outside of these hours in busy periods or during large projects
- Must be flexible to join meetings with workers within other time zones, from home or office.
- Flexible working location available (home or office)
- 25 days holiday/annum
- £30 - £40,000/annum subject to qualifications and experience.
- Discretionary equity bonuses
- Other benefits by negotiation.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.