Fast-track your future by shaping ours
Why join ISG?
As the world's most dynamic construction company, at ISG we build sustainable places where people and businesses thrive. We're known for our commitment to quality and for the passion of our most important asset – our people. Our graduate programme gives you an unrivalled opportunity to fast-track your career in construction. You'll have exposure to all aspects of our business whilst focusing your development in one of our core specialisms: Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Technical Services. Whichever you choose, you'll be empowered to deliver extraordinary customer service and the kind of state-of-the-art projects that will set the standards for our industry for years to come.
Our graduates are our leaders of tomorrow. So we make sure they have the opportunity to work on some of our most innovative and challenging projects. In the past, these have included everything from the O2 arena and Microsoft's offices in Berlin, to the Temperate House at Kew Gardens, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Not only that, but we'll give you all the training and support you need to realise your full potential, together with the kind of working culture that will allow you to follow your interests outside of work too. Get ready to build a very exciting future in an environment that's fast-paced and truly rewarding.
To provide design coordination and project level designs to ensure successful delivery of programmes to Client requirements and business expectations with particular focus on commercial fit-out, banking and retail workstreams.
- Support Site with setting out and details.
- Create construction sets from design drawings.
- Prepare project-level design information, including drawings, specifications, schedules of work, etc ensuring all designs meet Client requirements and statutory obligations
- To assist in the preparation and submission of statutory applications for approval where necessary
- Preparation and submission of DRA's and Design Access Statements
- Provide design information on a timely basis to an agreed programme
- Identify design deficiencies and recommend proposals / plans to rectify
- Participate in the collation and handover of completed design records (CDM files, O & M's, Fire Management Plans etc.,)
- Ensure all designs produced and developed by others conform to Client specifications and statutory obligations
- Ensure that changes are recorded and communicated to the relevant team members
- Undertake design reviews at relevant stages of projects and provide feedback.
- Ensure that all project team members and organisations involved in the project design receive the relevant information/documentation they need to complete their contribution to the project design.
- Basic fit out material knowledge, able to scan the market for specific finishes-materials.
- Occasionally attend sites in support of project manager and design manager however mainly office based.
- Ideally hold experience in retail-construction / fit out and able to start immediately.
- Work on multiple projects at one time.
- Basic knowledge of fit-out and architectural detailing.
- Pro-efficient in Autocad, BIM experience a bonus but not essential.
- Pro-efficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
What you'll need to bring
Passionate and motivated, you'll be committed to delivering the highest standards of work. As well as that, you should:
- Have – or be on target for – at least a 2:2 degree in a relevant subject
- Have at least 96 UCAS points (new system) from your A levels or a relevant BTEC, along with Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Be able to lead by example when you're working with sub-contractors and other team members
- Be an excellent communicator –know how to adapt your approach to different situations and you can influence others
- Be driven to achieve results, with strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and the ability to plan, prioritise and tackle problems effectively
How to apply
If you'd like to be part of #TeamISG – to dream smart, speak frankly, always care and never stop learning (values you can read all about on our website) – the next step is to make your application.
Build something special
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!