Who we are
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Implementation of new IT systems in-line with business needs:
- Development of new business applications to meet business specifications, project timescales and user expectations
- Provide technical expertise to implement and integrate new and existing systems and technologies
- Opportunity to manage and deliver your own projects with guidance from your mentor
Maintenance and development of existing IT systems:
- Participate in change management processes working with key stakeholders to deliver continuous improvement
- Provide technical expertise to implement and/or improve existing or new systems and solutions
- Opportunities to work cross-functionally with several different departments across our company
- Delivering projects throughout different phases of the system development lifecycle
Maintain compliance to our Corporate and Regulatory guidelines for IT systems:
- Ensure all company applications adhere to the company data risk management and security requirements
- Ensure the company specific System Development Life Cycle is followed and all associated documentation created and approved
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join the vibrant and friendly IT department, working in an Agile environment to deliver business demands, develop analytical and technical skills, and drive business value for a global multinational company.
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying towards a degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent problem solving and innovating skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Display excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback