From here, choose a whole world of experience
Joining us means choosing over 50 possible six-month rotations for your two-year programme. You’ll be free to explore them all – starting in Swindon in the UK with others potentially in London, Germany (Essen), or Singapore. So, get ready to find the work and from here, choose the challenges that really inspire you.
As one of our graduates, you will be able to create your own career path across our locations and gain broad exposure, while working alongside expert colleagues and building up your knowledge. By the end of the two-year programme, you will have the ideal foundations to grow, develop and thrive as a finance professional. Join our RWEST IT Developer Graduate Programme and you can be part of it, as you work alongside and collaborate with some of the brightest people in the field, using new, agile techniques and technologies.
The contribution you’ll make
Working in close partnership with leading technology companies, our IT functions drive efficiency and innovation across the whole of our business. Right from the start, you can be part of it, as you work alongside and collaborate with some of the brightest people in the field, using new, agile techniques and technologies. You’ll learn about our global business from the inside. Key areas you could choose to do your rotations in include:
- Application development
- Embedded IT for our commercial business such as trading of energy commodities, freight and logistics, commercial asset optimization or sales and origination
- Enterprise Integration focus on the transport layer within RWEST’s application landscape. They work closely together with other IT and business teams to optimize the systems.
- Market Data Solutions are the fuel for decision-making, automated trading, and fundamental analysis within the Energy Trading industry
- Central Services are positioned in middle layer(Integration) applications connecting to various other departments like BackOffice, Risk and FrontOffice etc.. involving incident management, automated standard service requests, working with concepts of DevOps and Squad model and migration of application to cloud based infrastructure
- IT projects with business attention such as “Lead in Data” or “Lead in Cloud”
- You could also do one rotation in a non- IT related function to help you build up a broad awareness of the business.
Through your rotations, you will be able to increase your IT stack and business knowledge, develop competence in a range of IT languages and build a good awareness of different working cultures – all of which will prove invaluable in your permanent role and future career.
The qualities you’ll bring
As well as a keen interest in the energy industry and the readiness to explore our markets and our business, you’ll need:
- a degree (BSc, MSc, or PhD) in IT or a similar statistical or numerate subject such as Mathematics, Engineering or Economics
- fluent English
- a positive approach to working in a team
- to be motivated by taking on new challenges
- a commercial and analytical mind
- the ability to adapt and learn quickly
- an enthusiasm for developing your skills and exploring new opportunities
- knowledge of at least one programming language such as C#, Java or Python
- passion for IT development and working in a DevOps environment
- to be open to travelling to multiple locations.
From here, you’ll have a community of support
At RWE we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the chance to shape your own career path and personal development, and the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned an graduate buddy and a senior mentor within your field who can advise you on rotations and introduce you to key people within the IT business.
We also offer a wide range of development opportunities, including networking events where you’ll get to meet senior managers and board members. We are committed to developing our Early Career Cohort, encouraging their passion to grow, and helping to develop their skills with their future career in mind. Our development journey is anchored around a strengths based programme designed specifically for graduates, allowing you the chance to shape your own development and experience a deeply personalised learning in immersive learning environments. All this is further complemented by instructor-led training.
And after the programme? The only way is up! Around 70% of our graduates are still working with us long after their programmes have finished. So the skills you gain should provide the perfect springboard for your future career.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
- Competitive salary plus
- Company pension
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays; you can also buy up to an additional 5 days leave per year
- Two paid annual volunteer days to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- International rotations to Germany, Singapore, the US or possibly further afield
- Financial assistance when moving on international assignments
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Free on-site health care plus access to AXA Private Healthcare Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health, or life matters
- access to a modern office & state-of-the-art IT
- open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies - join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme)
- Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
From here, you have a choice to make.
Keen to discover more? Why not meet #TeamRWE where you can get to know some of our colleagues better through videos, testimonials, interviews, and podcasts.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of sex, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters