What to expect
Grab the opportunity to gain on-the-job experience and a strong start to your future career with our IT Industrial Placement Scheme.
- As an IT Industrial Placement student there will be the opportunity to spend time learning within a number of areas including; Software Development, IT Services and Architecture, with the opportunity to settle into a particular team as the year goes on. This will be based within our Head Office in Basingstoke.
- From the outset, you will assist in the delivery of projects, both at Head Office and at our operational sites, and work with users and clients to help deliver our solutions. Essentially, you’ll be supporting the team to ensure the sites stay up and running through the use of our technologies.
- Over the course of the year with us, you will have the opportunity to explore which areas within IT you would like to develop in order to support your future career.
What you need
Are you looking for a placement as part of your four or five year sandwich-degree course? If you’re a driven and engaging penultimate-year university student and fit the following criteria, you’re perfect for this scheme:
- The job is not 9-5 and won’t be repetitive – you will be out and about, getting involved and really making an impact on the way we do things to constantly improve our performance.
- To be successful in this role, an IT background is not essential, however we are looking for students who possess a keen interest in technology.
- You thrive in fast paced and challenging environments, which will see you succeed when pushed out of your comfort zone
- You are a credible, engaging and a driven natural leader who is able to take a team on a journey with a shared goal
- You proactively look to transform, adapt and improve things around you. You want to exceed expectations
- Change isn’t a scary word for you. You thrive on new challenges, new people and pick things up quickly and effectively
- People are your focus and you roll your sleeves up when a team needs to come together
- You hold a full UK driving license by the start date of the scheme
What's in it for you?
Throughout your time with Gist you will receive training and development in order to set you up for success.
The programmes are designed to equip you with the knowledge, best practice, skills and techniques to develop your capabilities. This will be delivered in conjunction with your regular progress meetings to ensure you are working towards a career plan that meets your needs and aspirations.
- You will receive a salary of £19,000
- If you have a successful year with us, you will have the opportunity to join us on one of our Graduate Schemes.
- You will be allocated a mentor who will be a senior manager in our business and will offer support and guidance on your career within Gist
- We know that moving can be worrying and stressful– we give you time to find the right place and pay for up to two weeks in a hotel near your new site
- Whether it’s personal or professional, the Employee Assistance Helpline offers counselling, financial and legal advice as well as an online health portal
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary performance-related bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- My Benefits – offering great discounts across retail and leisure outlets
Ready to apply?
We are keen to ensure our selection process gives you a clear insight into our business, and most importantly offers you a good understanding of what life is like on the Graduate Scheme at Gist.
1. Head to www.gistworld.com/careers and complete our online application form
2. If successful you will then complete a 20 minute video interview where we will get to know you, understand why you’re interested in Gist and hear about why you’d be a great fit for us
3. Following a successful video interview, we will invite you to one of our virtual insight days where you will get the opportunity to learn more about Gist, meet our people and complete some interactive assessments
4. If we think you show potential, you will be invited to our final stage assessment centre at one of our depots. Throughout this day, you’ll show us why you should be on one of our schemes
Please be aware that in order to be successful you need to be available for one of the virtual insight days (taking place in November, January and February) and one of our assessment centres on-site (taking place in November, February and March) and be able to start the role in September 2022.
Chineham Business Park, Basingstoke