Motivated by our vision, united by our values, we do what’s right. Make a difference, to create a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 14,000 people. We use science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over 93% of our sales come from technologies that benefit the environment and health, enhancing people’s lives on a global scale. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation – but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
We currently have a number of openings at Johnson Matthey on our Graduate Rotational Programme - Operations - based in the UK. The Programme will help you fulfil your ambition for rapid professional progression and future leadership roles. As an Operations Graduate, you will experience a variety of our facilities and manufacturing/process technologies, gaining fascinating insights and learning about the core of our businesses. You could find yourself driving operational excellence across the organisation while working in such areas as our auto-catalyst manufacturing, industrial catalysts and absorbents, precious metal products, battery systems and more.
Our program consists of three, 8-month rotations in different locations within the UK and across business sectors. Each placement will be carefully planned to build upon the other and develop your skills in line with your individual aspirations. This experience will enable you to develop a wide breadth of understanding of the various sectors in our company. The programme is robust and challenging. To support you through this and ensure proper development, we believe strongly in mentoring and coaching. You will receive plenty of care and expert career advice along the way through mentoring and coaching partnerships. You will also participate in substantive training and development programmes to assist you in building the critical leadership skills needed as future leaders in the workplace.
Our strength lies in diversity – of our people, our business, and the opportunities we offer. No two career paths are the same; as part of this programme, you’ll forge a journey with JM that reflects your strengths, interests and passion. And we’ll support you every step of the way. We'll challenge you - but you'll be well rewarded. We offer a highly competitive salary and bonus structure coupled with market leading benefits.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- A degree in a relevant engineering or technical discipline (e.g. Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical etc.) with a minimum 2.1 requirement
- Must be mobile and willing to relocate to three sites (3 rotations) over a period of two years. Flexibility regarding all assigned locations is required.
- Relevant experience such as placement, short term work experience or part time paid or voluntary position.
- Demonstrable leadership skills essential; must be adaptable, strive for excellence, and demonstrate a positive attitude in the face of adversity
- Strong interpersonal skills a must, coupled with a proven ability to build collaborative relationships to achieve results
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills essential
For our Global Graduate Programme, we operate on an ongoing recruitment basis, closing each role as they become oversubscribed; as such we encourage early application.