Business Compliance Placement Student
Duration: 12 months
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
Sector: Medical Devices
Working at Johnson& Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
- To support the Business Compliance Function to ensure all activities within the UK/IRE One Medical Device business take place compliantly.
- Ensure activities operate within Healthcare Compliance (HCC) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) requirements as outlined by the One MD HCC Officer.
- Ensure compliant business growth across the assigned business unit(s).
- Provide administrative support to the designated UK/IRE Business Compliance Specialist to ensure all activities within the business take place compliantly and have all the required documents and approvals in place prior to the activity going ahead.
- Provide guidance, and first level reviews for One MD UK/IRE activities in accordance with the HCC Programme
- Process and review such requests for approval via the on-line approvals process
- Engage with and support the business as a trusted compliance contact and offer necessary support.
- Operate within the UK/IRE HCC policies and procedures
- Report issues and escalate to Specialist if necessary
- Deliver ad-hoc training and provide support on HCC approvals systems to staff if required
- Ensure appropriate post event documentation is provided in relation to all activities that the business undertake in line with audit requirements
- Assist in co-ordinating preparations for Corporate Internal Audits
- Assist and support HCC testing and monitoring documentation and activities
- Draft Consulting and Educational Grant agreements with Healthcare Professionals/Government Officials (HCP/GOs) using a legally approved template
- Assist with HCP/GO payments in a timely manner in line with J & J payment terms
- Extend business and product knowledge by attending Professional Education events, product training and field visits when required
- Willingness to travel, and attend meetings as required
Skills and competencies
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Demonstrates high level administration skills
- Proactively manages workload
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Excellent communicator
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Logical and disciplined approach to record storage and maintenance activities
- Ability to deal with flexible work load and type is essential
- Work within company policies and procedures
Education and experience
- Business related degree
- Administration experience advantageous
- Excellent IT skills
- Business Compliance Specialist for support and guidance
- HCC Team for corporate HCC advice
- Sales & Marketing staff: providing them with HCC support and guidance
- Professional Education Team
Key Compliance Requirements:
- Act as a role model for J&J Credo values at all times. Demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with your detailed personal Health & Safety responsibilities as described in the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- Adherence to Healthcare Compliance Policies.
- Adherence to all Company policies and necessary training and development requirements within required time frames.
- Ensure compliance to the Company’s product complaint process.
*Due to the changing nature of the business, this is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the role may be subject to change.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!