Requisition ID: 1905776130W
Clinical Research and Medical Affairs - Industrial Placement
Duration: 12 months
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
Sector: Medical Devices
Working at Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
We offer student placements in clinical research and medical affairs. Advancing product innovation across the breadth of products and therapeutic areas we serve requires an enthusiastic commitment to ongoing research. Through the application of sound science and vigorous testing, our research professionals move our businesses and our world toward the future of human health care.
The clinical research department is responsible for providing study support for international trials of a huge range of medical device products. They are responsible for documenting everything surrounding the trial. As part of the clinical research team you will have administrative responsibility of tracking and monitoring a number of high-profile clinical studies. This will involve liaising heavily with clinical trial project managers and monitors.
The medical affairs department is responsible for providing hospital consultants, regulatory agencies and healthcare professionals with scientific and medical information relating to the value and correct usage of the medical devices products. As part of our medical affairs team you will gain exposure to a wide range of different departments and will have the opportunity to be involved with educational events for healthcare professionals.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Involvement in the activities required for the preparation, setting up, conducting and completion of clinical studies
- Administer, maintain and coordinate the logistical aspects of clinical investigations
- Data collection and recording of everything surrounding the trial (doctor and patient information)
- Weekly meetings with project managers
- Work with Clinical Colleagues to provide registry updates
- High level of exposure to cutting edge clinical trials
- Great stepping stone if you want to pursue a research-based career
- Medical Affairs:
- Liaising and communicating with many different business functions within DePuy Synthes or Ethicon
- Ownership of projects relating to medical affairs in line with business needs
- Working with colleagues in the US and across EMEA to create streamlined processes
- Great opportunity to gain experience in the healthcare sector
- Experience in evidence evaluation and communication
Requirements of the role:
- 2 years of Bio Science related degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
Key skills and competencies:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion for working in the pharmaceutical/medical industry
- Excellent research skills
- Highly analytical
- High level of scientific understanding and intellectual capacity
- Adaptable and able to work with a wide range of different personalities
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Seeks opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable team player
The assessment centres for these positions will be held in January 2020
Please note: These positions will close for applications on the 15th December 2019
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)
Clinical Trial Coordination
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!