Trainee Sales Specialist – Graduate Scheme 2020
Location: UK Wide
Sector: Medical Devices
Working at Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care within the hospital setting —working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centred healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
To learn and grow as a Sales Professional within Johnson & Johnson by following a trainee programme where you will receive 6 months of best in class training. You will go through full product and sales skills training as well as ongoing support through classroom, online and mentoring from individuals who have previously graduated from the program. Once you have graduated you will have responsibility for maintaining and developing relationships with your accounts across your region.
Summary of the role:
You will form part of a strong key account sales team, with further support provided from teams in head office i.e Marketing, Commercial Effectiveness. Accounts will be designated to you dependent on the local needs of the business and the products you will be trained on. As the Sales Specialist, you will work with your accounts and look to meet the evolving demands of modern surgery and facilitate improved patient outcomes. Customer Relationships and people development are fundamental to the success of this role. When you are both confident and ready, there will be an expectation to attend live operations and be on hand to offer expert product advice to healthcare professionals
Flexible location & Travel Required:
- As part of the Trainee programme, you will need to be flexible about location within the UK, as permanent opportunities will be based on specific territorial and business needs.
- Travel within your region – this is a field-based role and you will visit your hospitals daily. Our Training Centres are across the UK, Hamburg and the US where training will be held
Key Skills & Competencies
- The ability to influence through effective communication
- A Growth Mind-set
- A patient centric approach, prioritising ethical leadership
- Ability to navigate digital technology and utilise data analytics
- A high degree of resilience and self-belief
- Suitability for spending a significant amount of time in the operating theatre
- The emotional maturity to build relationships based on trust and respect
The tangible skills:
- A degree at a minimum of 2.1 supported by evidence of high achievements of which do not necessarily have to be academic or work-related.
- Full, clean driving licence that permits you to drive in the UK
- Willingness to relocate during the first year of programme
- We look for passionate individuals who can understand how to best collaborate with people to build great working relationships.
- Working in an environment that’s constantly changing, you need to show that you can be a flexible and adaptable teammate.
- Your capacity for sheer hard work, dedication and self-belief will reflect your confidence, self-drive and highly competitive yet customer-centric approach.
- This Trainee role is part of our talent development strategy, which will set you up and build foundational competencies that will hold you in good stead for the rest of your career. Support is at a hand at every stage of the journey, providing you with the opportunity to flourish and develop in the role.
This Trainee role is part of our talent development strategy, which will set you up and build foundational competencies that will hold you in good stead for the rest of your career. Support is at a hand at every stage of the journey, providing you with the opportunity to flourish and develop in the role
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!