At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 16 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
As Junior Data Engineer (f/m/d/x) at HelloFresh DACH, you will be collaborating to build a robust and highly performant data platform using cutting-edge technologies. You will develop distributed services that process data in batch and real-time with a focus on scalability, data quality, and business requirements. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems and building a self-serve data platform. Furthermore, you will learn by working together with experts in your field and have the opportunity to continuously develop professionally.
Your area of responsibility
- You build reusable technology that enables teams to capture, process, store, and serve their data products in an easy way
- You build and maintain complex and scalable ETL pipelines
- You work closely with the data infrastructure team
- You collaborate closely with business stakeholders such as Marketing, Product Analytics, etc.
- You drive data quality and governance
- You have extensive experience (1+ years) in Software Engineering and/or in a Data Engineer role and the ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code with Python
- You have previously worked on OOP and design patterns
- You have the ability to deliver scalable production-ready solutions
- You possess strong problem-solving skills & exceptional written and verbal communication skills to transmit complex technical information to stakeholders as well as the ability to interpret their feedback
- You are experienced with Apache Spark, Hive, and Kafka
- You have experience with AWS infrastructure (S3, EMR, Glue, Athena)
- You show experience with data modeling and data warehousing solutions
- It is a big plus if you have experience in Machine Learning
What we offer you
- Modern and comfortable working space with great co-workers in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Discount for HelloFresh boxes and HelloFreshGo products
- Development possibilities along with internal trainings and a yearly Learning & Development budget
- Flexible working hours including Work From Home/Work from Abroad/Sabbatical Policy, as well as a home office set up budget
- Extensive Onboarding and Buddy Program
- Social events including team events, Friday beers, company runs, book club, etc.
- Discounted fitness offers with our Urban Sports Club and John Reed partners, as well as in house gym and yoga classes
- Well-being initiatives in cooperation with Headspace and Fürstenberg Institut
- Childcare and company pension scheme benefit
- Monthly transportation budget via RYDES
Are you up for a new challenge?
Apply now with your complete application documents, also without a photo and without stating specific personal characteristics such as nationality or gender if you choose to do so. German or English language certificates and documents regarding residence and work permits are welcome.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.