Every year, 100 billion new items of clothing are produced whilst a truck full is burned or buried in landfill every second. We created Rapanui to redesign the clothing industry and have developed the world’s first circular economy for fashion by designing products that don’t enter landfill.
We developed the world’s first circular economy for t-shirts, with every product designed at the start to be sent back to be recycled and remade into new. Now we need to spread that message further.
Our teams use careful design to eliminate waste and create products that are part of the solution, not the problem. We work with some of the biggest brands and charities in the world helping to promote sustainability and circularity - including BBC Earth, Greenpeace, WWF and Marine Conservation Society.
We’re growing and are looking for a Junior E-Commerce Merchandiser in a newly created role, who will be critical in optimising the conversion of traffic to our store and driving revenue to continue our work in sustainability and circularity.
Words don’t change the world, action does. While the communications team will deliver the message and storyline, you’ll ensure that all products are showcased across our website to give a clear and seamless journey for our customers to buy our products. You will use insights and analysis to maximise conversion rate to drive performance for the Rapanui brand, as well as providing in-depth insight into trading performance and analysis.
You will work closely across teams to deliver a world-standard website that pops with creativity and a data-optimised layout. Coordination with the content teams will be an exciting and key part of the role. There will also be a requirement to keep the website inline with our social media and other customer communication platforms to make sure a consistent message is delivered, that advertised products are in stock, and that the story being told by our marketing teams is aligned in the content of our website (i.e. seasonal changes, promotions and up to date product changes).
Main responsibilities include
- Optimise on-site conversion rate and traffic of customers landing on the website
- Ensure that all pages across the website are visually appealing and strategically merchandised
- Use analysis of customer behaviour, product performance and sell-through to drive decision making
- Collaborating with the photography and video teams to arrange shoots to launch with key marketing and product storylines.
- Visual communications of the website, picking photography and commissioning content
What we’re looking for
- At least 6 months experience in a Marketing, E-Commerce, Content or Operations role
- Experience of collating and reporting on data to provide in depth analysis that informs decision making
- Experience and understanding of visual communications
- Knowledge of the basic principles of E-Commerce and running a website
- Good eye for detail, new trends and opportunities, photography and brand
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Understanding of the principles that drive the marketing funnel
Freshwater, Isle of Wight
UK, England, South East