William Blair’s sell-side equity research team is responsible for delivering superior investment ideas and value-added perspective for about 700 quality growth companies. Through exhaustive fundamental research and unique insight derived from independent thinking, the team’s award-winning analysts work tirelessly to identify companies that can deliver superior investment returns for clients. Acting as the company's laboratory for new investment ideas, it specializes in providing investment analysis on companies in the following industry sectors: consumer; financial services and technology; global industrial infrastructure; global services; healthcare; and technology, media, and communications.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with Research staff to develop a detailed understanding of editorial requests and related content.
- Ascertain communication objectives and determine the most appropriate approach for conveying complex research and investment information in a user-friendly manner.
- Plan and execute communication and editorial projects, coordinate and monitor status of workflows and activities, establish and communicate timing and information required to complete editorial work.
- Partner with key stakeholders to compile appropriate information, deliver drafts, and finalize revisions.
- Serve as a key subject matter resource in the completion of editorial projects.
- Review deliverables for accuracy and consistency with firm standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provide supervisory review of Equity Research.
- Ensure that research complies with FINRA and firm guidelines, including watch list review and applying appropriate disclosures.
- Develop tools and templates to increase process efficiency and quality of deliverables. Share resources to facilitate brand consistency and quality.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships to ensure quality deliverables within agreed-upon time frames. Represent the firm’s interests when scoping and negotiating editorial and publication work with external vendors.
- Maintain a catalogue of completed and approved materials for future reference use.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in English or Journalism/Communications
- Editorial experience required (preferably in Financial Services)
- SIE Exam and Series 7 license required (must be obtained within first 180 days)
- Series 16 license (must sit for exam within first 180 days)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and editorial review skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions
- Client service oriented
- Knowledge of investment concepts and applicable regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other industry standard publishing software
This role requires working from home.