We've put together a close-knit team of passionate professionals from the brewing industry and beyond and now we need an excellent Junior Laboratory Analyst to support our production environment at Barth Haas UK who can become passionate about our products.
Who we want
We want an individual who enjoys working in a laboratory environment carrying out a variety of chemical and physical tests to hop derivatives. Someone who not only enjoys the repetitive side of an analytical lab but also someone who is willing to grow, be creative and take responsibility for their job and results.
We want to find someone with excellent attention to detail, organised and a creative problem solver. Someone with great time management and planning skills to ensure their shift productive, generating accurate results and providing all the support necessary to production. We want someone who will do their best to ensure our customers are protected through a quality system.
- Responsible for the testing of samples according to strict specifications ensuring accurate results are provided within an adequate time frame.
- Ensure that you work with your manager using the Training Matrix to aim for the highest possible level of skill for your role.
- Report and assist with any investigations into any lab internal errors.
- Support the daily function of the lab, including, but not limited to: stocking of the equipment, preparation of solutions, equipment calibration, retention sample storage, preparing samples for customer requests.
- Assist with preparation of samples for analysis.
- Take part in internal lab audits as necessary.
- Support your manager and the team to maintain a high-performance environment that strengthens the Quality department's impact in the business.
- Complete any administrative work required.
The skills that you will need
- Ideally, experience working in a lab-based environment.
- Advantageous to have knowledge of HPLC and GC.
- Basic Excel knowledge.
- Ideally a background in science.
- Great time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ideally knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in a food environment.
In return, we will ensure that you get all the appropriate training and development that you need to be the best that you can and build a great career with us.
Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent