£20,000 - £25,000
Position: Junior Software Test Analyst
Location: London, Manchester, Birmingham
Salary: Up to 23000 per annum + OTE 28k + benefits
About Sparta Global
Embark on a transformative career journey with Sparta Global, where diversity, innovation, and passion for technology converge. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, offering not just jobs, but dynamic careers in the tech industry. You'll work alongside enthusiastic professionals, receiving top-tier training and mentorship to hone your skills for success in both public and private sectors. Our commitment to designing impactful careers and coaching future leaders is evident in our over 10 prestigious awards in Learning & Development and Equality, Diversity & Inclusion. As a Top 20 Employer for Social Mobility and a proud B-Corp certified organisation, we're not just advancing careers; we're fostering a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive tech landscape. Join us in shaping the future of technology – where your growth is our mission, and your success, our pride. Apply now to be part of our award-winning team at Sparta Global.
About this role
Software testing is integral for organisations to ensure that their IT delivery is of a high standard. As such it is one of the most in demand roles in tech today.
- You will review and analyse requirements, create test plans and execute test cases to ensure the needs of the end-users are met.
- You will detect and analyse system defects and collaborate to resolve these issues.
- You will create and maintain test documentation, ensuring efficient tracking of product quality.
- You will work with business analysts and developers to provide feedback, troubleshoot, fix defects and participate in code reviews.
- You will continuously increase your technical capability in the environments you work in, becoming a subject matter exert that the organisation relies on for business-critical decisions.
- You will stay up to date with trends and changes in the tech market, continuously learning new testing techniques and approaches.
We’re not expecting you to have the proficiencies right away – that's where our award-winning Academy comes in. We are the experts in building skills and confidence in a fun and supportive environment that will not only challenge you but develop your specialist capabilities ready to work on our clients’ projects.
What we’re looking for
We also look for the following traits that align with companies' values:
Empathy and Diversity – You operate with integrity, respect everyone and set a good example for the team.
Drive – You challenge yourself to exceed targets to take pride in your work.
Collaboration – You work in synergy with others, supportive, approachable, build healthy relationships.
Innovation – Your inquisitiveness knows no bounds and you love to learn. You embrace creativity and enjoy working with different people and their viewpoints.
Flexibility – Adaptable to change, you are calm and compassionate when responding to the unexpected.
Why should you apply?
We see ourselves as a people-powered business that likes to recognise and reward the hard work of our employees. We promote continuous learning and development with increasing earning potential for everyone who joins us. By the end of your first year, based on our performance metrics, you can expect to earn an average of 29,000.
We also provide:
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- An extra day off for your birthday.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Eye care.
- Death in service cover.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Bonuses and structured pay rises.
- Employee assistance program.
- Yearly budget for personal development.
- Access to alumni and community networks.
- Opportunities to be brand ambassadors.
Being employed by Sparta Global is an investment in your future that pays dividends along the way. We give you breadth of experience and skills, along with increasing opportunities to develop further and earn more. No two career paths look the same at Sparta.
Our Recruitment Process
Begin your journey via our supportive recruitment process. Apply online and our team will promptly review your application, contacting successful candidates within 48 hours to initiate the next steps. If you pass our initial screening, candidates will proceed to online assessments which vary depending on the opportunity you are applying for. The final stage is a competency interview, here you'll have the opportunity to impress us with your ability to communicate effectively and exhibit behavioural competencies through relevant examples. We're looking for candidates who can demonstrate a collaborative spirit and a growth mindset.
Your dedicated Talent Team member will be with you every step of the way to support and answer any questions you have. You can also visit our YouTube channel to gain valuable insights and expert advice on virtual interviews, strategies to manage nerves, and tips on nonverbal communication.
We look forward to receiving your application – good luck!
£20,000 - £25,000
London, Manchester, Birmingham