As a Junior Support Engineer at Heathrow Airport, you’ll provide shift-based technical support for passenger self-service products used by global airlines and airports. The products supported include passenger processing equipment installed at airports (auto bag drop units, check-in kiosks, bio pods, auto boarding gates) as well as the cloud and network infrastructure that enable passenger self-service processing.
In this role you’ll:
- Be instrumental in providing remote support to mission critical Automated Bag drop services
- Take calls directly from passenger facing agents or airport/airline helpdesks.
- React to automatically logged incidents and alerts generated by sophisticated surveillance tools
- Perform incident management to restore the contracted service to a working status, change management to change the contracted service
- Provide physical support of the hardware devices at the airport and customer reporting for the contracted services.
- Be required to work 42 hours per week on rotation on the following shifts: 04:00-13:00; 13:00-22:00. 4 days on, 2 days off including weekends and public holidays.
About the ideal candidate:
- You’ll be a graduate with a background in Engineering / IT
- You’ll have hands on experience in troubleshooting computer networking, hardware & software issues
- You’ll have knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL, installation, administration and troubleshooting
- It’s a plus if you can speak multiple languages
- It would be beneficial if you have previous baggage handling, airport services and/or engineering domain experience
- You’ll have excellent communication skills
- Be a self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude and a strong client focus
- Have quick and methodical troubleshooting skills
- Able to work independently, be conscientious and self-motivated
What we can offer you:
- Extensive range of generous benefits including an opportunity to work flexibly, 28 days holiday, bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and discount schemes.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that is challenging and exciting
- An opportunity to be on the forefront of airport self-service technology and make a real contribution to our success
- Working for a dynamic company that has been voted as a Top UK & European Employer and recognised as a Financial Times Leader in Diversity
- Experience in one of the world’s top 10 software companies
- Impact millions of travelers around the globe
- The application process takes 10 minutes to complete.
- You just need to create your candidate profile in our system and upload your resume.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply now!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorization.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.