We are Kerry, the Taste & Nutrition company. We understand that consumers want delicious products made from trusted, authentic foods and flavours. Every day millions of people throughout the world consume foods and beverages containing our taste and nutrition solutions. We add protein to your post workout shake, we reduce sugar, while maintaining great taste and we have the know–how to replace the "baddies" in foods with wholesome ingredients. Join us and be part of the future of food.
Reporting to the a Programme Manager, this opportunity is for you if you have an innate curiosity in understanding how our business works and rigor in getting answers to questions. We offer you the opportunity in having a significant part to play in strategic projects which will deliver impact and results that drive our business.
Roles may be based in our European Global Technology & Innovation Centre in Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland but given the nature of our projects, candidates must be flexible with regards travel and relocation for this role.
As an integral part of our business, you will gradually take on more extensive responsibilities and become involved in matters of strategic importance.
Responsibilities will vary depending on the business priorities and the project teams that you are assigned to, but may include:
- Manage specific projects or significant workstreams throughout their lifecycle including scoping, planning, executing and reporting;
- Support the wider PM function in the definition of project/workstream scope, goals, objectives, deliverables and success criteria
- Lead the development of project plans; identifying project tasks, deliverables, milestones, and resourcing requirements
- Develop and/or review estimates and estimating assumptions for the project’s schedule, effort, and cost
- Work with the project sponsor to define team member roles and expectations. Ensure that project resources receive any necessary training
- Monitor progress against agreed milestones and provide regular updates to all stakeholders.
- Manage risks and issues ensuring that each risk/issue has an owner, clearly defined impact, and mitigating actions (as required). Ensure appropriate escalation of issues to stakeholders or wider project team
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct, anlayse and share post implementation reviews and lessons learned and drive the development of projects playbooks as appropriate
- Support the identification and management of interdependencies with other projects and strategies within Middle Office and the wider organisation and ensure that appropriate ownership is taken of risks and dependencies between projects and initiatives
- Support the early identification of technology impacts in collaboration with Kerryconnect
- Support cross project knowledge across related projects and best practice sharing and standardisation across the business
- Play a proactive role in the promotion and development of project management (KDM) methods and standards, implementation of good project management practice.
What we are looking for:
First and foremost we look for hardworking, analytical and curious individuals who want to be pushed outside of their comfort zone.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a business related discipline
- Key competencies required; critical thinking, decision-making, influencing, project planning, negotiation and stakeholder management
- Ability to think critically and apply appropriate levels of challenge to workstream plans, risks, issues and dependencies
- A can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence, persuade, encourage, collaborate, motivate and coach peers – forging strong and effective working relationships
- Teamwork approach with effective stakeholder management skills and ability to collaborate and work effectively with and through people at all levels in an organisation
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Proven record of delivering on projects and achievement of results
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Fluency in a second European language is an advantage
- Willingness to travel or relocate across the global Kerry organisation is a key requirement
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!