In the current climate, more than ever, our clients depend on models to make critical financial and business decisions. Our Financial Modelling practice works directly with clients, applying financial knowledge and technical expertise to deliver a range of services across all sectors:
- We build bespoke financial and operational models to help our clients make informed decisions, improve business operations, and forecast effectively for the future. These models incorporate complex financial, statistical and mathematical calculations, are typically Excel-driven, and may use other technologies to manipulate data, support automation and to enhance reporting.
- We develop high-impact visual reports and dashboards to help clients monitor KPIs and analyse trends from large volumes of data using a range of platforms.
- We use our in-house tools for reviewing and validating clients’ models to provide confidence in their use, typically where they are being used to support a high-profile transaction or substantial refinancing.
Our 3 year graduate programme is designed to offer you client interaction, support from colleagues, and formal training to develop the financial, consulting and technology skills required across a broad range of tools such as; Excel, VBA, SQL, Python, Qlikview, Tableau, and Power BI.
People who thrive within our Financial Modelling practice are passionate about continually adapting their skills and knowledge to find solutions for our clients, have a love of working with numbers, and typically come from STEM, Economics, Accounting or Finance backgrounds. We also ask for a keen interest in developing both financial acumen and technology skills throughout the programme.
As a general rule, you’ll be expected to meet the following requirements (*or equivalents)
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* Maths
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points* under the 2017 tariff point system at A-Level
- Minimum 2:1 degree in in a STEM, Economics or Finance specific subject
Please note, we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-Level grades and do not accept General Studies.
At KPMG, we look at more than just your academic results. We will review your application, together with your performance in our assessments, to ensure that you have the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We will be considering your strengths and achievements alongside a number of other metrics, including technical background and/or experience, to ensure that you have the skills to succeed at KPMG.
Throughout the recruitment process we will be looking to learn more about your strengths.
To be successful on this programme, you will be required to demonstrate the strengths that we look for in our graduates at KPMG.
Training and Development:
Training will continue throughout your career at KPMG, however during your first couple of years, we focus on equipping you with further technical and industry knowledge. The team has a dedicated training path starting with a tailored 3-week induction boot camp, followed by a mixture of industry qualifications, online/classroom courses and self-study for the entire duration of the graduate programme and beyond. The exact shape of your training will also be influenced by the type of work you’re engaged in, but will involve learning market-leading technologies and industries, and formal training on a number of delivery and consulting approaches. We'll also assign you to projects that put your formal training to practical use.
Plus we offer on-the-job coaching, the chance to study for relevant industry qualifications and access to wide-ranging training that will help you to manage your time, influence stakeholders, manage finances and lead others.
You may also have the opportunity to study for CIMA or CFA, depending on the team you join. Both are industry accredited qualifications focusing on finance and accounting concepts that will help you through your graduate programme and into your future career.
Whilst you will apply to a specific office location, you will likely be required to work flexibly across the region, at KPMG offices, client sites and with varying levels of home working.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!