As Data Science soars in growth and popularity and the amount of data we produce increases daily, organisations are realising the true impact, value and risk of data. This realisation has resulted in the emergence of a new highly important role, the role of the Business Data Analyst.
To satisfy demands of greater scrutiny and regulations, businesses and institutions are now expected to ensure consistent quality, integrity and usability of their data and having a sound data plan and data governance strategy is not only important but urgent. The Business Data Analysts is the front line in navigating this new world.
We hire excellent people, who often don’t have any prior data experience, teach them all they need to know as a Business Data Analyst and prepare them to help our clients realise their business potential, navigate risks and focus on careful governance and management of their digital information. Our clients range from telecommunications to fashion retail and financial services, giving our Business Data Analysts the opportunity to work in various thriving industries.
But what does it mean to be a Business Data Analyst?
Kubrick Group is a data technologies consultancy at the forefront of what we call the ‘data governance movement’ and our Business Data Analysts are highly sought after. Through our training we equip our analysts with the ability to understand what happens to data in an organisation (i.e. data warehousing and quality management, architecture and security) from a technical, commercial and regulatory perspective. That means our analysts understand the lifecycle of information as it flows through the business, can access the data bases to make sense of the information and check its quality (using i.e. SQL), and then present back to the business (using i.e. Tableau) to influence a company’s decision making on their data management and governance processes. Our Business Data Analyst’s often are the commercial voice in an organisations data team and play a crucial role as ‘translator’ between the data team and the organisations business function allowing both to understand each other and work well together.
Has this caught your interest? – Keep reading and find out how we equip you for the job.
Your first 14-16 weeks at Kubrick Group are reserved for us to train you in what you need to succeed in your career as Business Data Analyst. You will work with experienced data governance practitioners and highly skilled technical trainers to:
- understand the commercial landscape and the regulatory drivers which are influencing management and governance of information now and in the future;
- practice stakeholder management skills and adapting to an agile environment;
- learn data modelling and the latest technology skills a Business Data Analyst needs such as SQL, Collibra and Tableau; and
- refine your skills working on real life projects to prepare you for being a consultant on client site.
What we need from you:
- A desire to work with multiple stakeholders and facilitating effective communication between them.
- A love for problem solving, making sense of something complex and communicating it to others in a way that is easy to understand.
- An ambition to work with data, don’t let it intimidate you, learning some coding is crucial in today’s age.
- The ability to think logically and work under pressure.
- Geographical flexibility, our consultants often work across the UK.
- Educated to degree level with minimum an A level in mathematics or statistics.
Apply and become one of our sought-after Business Data Analysts and be part of the ‘data governance’ movement!
£32,000, with a rise after one year of project work to £40,000
At Kubrick Group we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on our Data Inclusive initiative which aims to improve diversity in data and technology teams across industries.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!