£25,000 - £30,000
Are you studying Psychology or Social Care at University?
Are you interested in Special Educational Needs and Behaviour Analysis?
JigsawPlus adult day centre for autistic learners aged 18 and over, has paid placements available for university students who are looking to develop their careers in psychology and social care. You will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience of supporting autistic adults to grow life skills whilst accessing a wide range of funded training and qualification opportunities in Social Care and Behaviour Analysis. You will receive support and regular supervision from some of the UK’s leading and internationally recognised Behaviour Analytic experts.
What will I be doing during my placement?
- Providing support, care and teaching to autistic adult learners’
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons and activities supporting the development of knowledge and skills
- Providing behaviourally based support to reduce behaviours that impact quality of life
- Providing personal care, encouraging and enabling adult learners to maintain acceptable levels of hygiene, including toileting, dressing and washing
- Supporting adult learners’ participation in social, leisure and educational activities within the local community, applying theory-based learning to practice
- Supporting adult learners to access work experience and employment opportunities
- Contributing to research and undertake training to support personal development
What training & qualification opportunities are there?
- Regular training in Safeguarding, Emergency Medication, Behaviour Management, Personal Care, Autism, First Aid and more
- Access to a range of funded Health & Social Care courses including the Care Certificate
- Behaviour specific qualifications including several Teaching Ranks and Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) (bacb.com) (bacb.com)
What do our past interns have to say?
‘It has been an amazing and informative year – the best placement I could have ever asked for. I have had the opportunity to gain so much knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorder and ABA (Applied Behavioural Analysis), while also having the chance to complete my Care Certificate, First Aid Training and Epilepsy Training. Alongside this, my decision making, communication and problem-solving skills have improved hugely.’
‘My first few weeks at Jigsaw were amazing and the amount of support I received from all staff really helped to make my transition into working here as smooth as possible. Working at Jigsaw is an amazing opportunity and very enjoyable - there is something new to look forward to everyday!’
‘Working at Jigsaw has been very rewarding as I am able to provide support and a positive impact on the learners. The work environment has been very positive and most of all, the Jigsaw team has been very welcoming and supportive’
What are the benefits of a paid placement at JigsawPlus?
- The opportunity to broaden your skills and expand your CV with a range of fully funded training pathways
- The chance to work alongside a multidisciplinary teams of behaviour analysts, speech & language and occupational therapists
- Sociable hours – 9am to 5pm, no shift, evening, overnight or weekend work
- Range of comprehensive funded training pathways
- Opportunity for casual work upon completing your placement, whilst in your final year of university
- Staff wellbeing and support facilities
What do I need to apply?
- Professional, personal or voluntary experience of working with adults or young people with disabilities
- Comfortable working with adults who exhibit challenging behaviour
- Comfortable supporting others with personal/intimate care where required
- Ability to keep calm in high pressure situations
- Drivers licence or access to a lift (due to remote location)
ALL PLACMENTS REQUIRE A MINIMUM COMMITMENT OF 1 ACADEMIC YEAR
£25,000 - £30,000