Lockheed Martin UK is the UK-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation. Headquartered in London and with 16 key sites across the UK, employing approximately 1,700 people.
We are a strategic partner to the Government and a major contributor to the UK economy. As the fifth largest supplier to the Ministry of Defence, we spend approximately £1 billion each year, supporting over 1,000 companies in our supply chain. We offer challenging, fulfilling careers with opportunities for apprentices, interns, graduates as well as experienced professionals.
We are now recruiting for our 2020 intake of Interns and have a fantastic new opening for an IT Systems Engineer. The role includes the following duties:
This is a 12 month internship - for students who are studying a degree which includes a year in employment.
- Contribute to team success supporting systems, software, test, & infrastructure engineers to design enhancements to operational systems.
- Work with Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
- Work with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis – converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications
- Support to implementation teams through the development, testing, and system acceptance phases of enhancements to the operational system, assisting to drive technical execution
- Support to integration during deployment phases.
- Support technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems, analysing data to identify solutions
The candidate will work with other engineering disciplines (Specialist, Systems, Test & Evaluation, and Software Engineering). The candidate will also engage with non-engineering disciplines (programme management, proposal management and operations) in the course of the engineering work during the year long placement.
The candidate will be working towards a degree in Systems Engineering or other related Engineering degrees.
The right candidate for this role will demonstrate passion, enthusiasm for Lockheed Martin UK and the opportunity itself and show us that you are dedicated to a career with us.
Please follow the URL link to our website to see the full job description and to apply.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!