This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Business Development Placement Student who is keen to develop their career in Business Development. The Placement Student will play a key role in supporting the Business Development team at Lockheed Martin whilst acquiring valuable experience and skills which will support their future career.
During the 12 month period the Placement Student can expect to gain a general understanding of the LMUK Ampthill organisation and capabilities including:
- The structure of Lockheed Martin Corporation and how LMUK Ampthill works and aligns with other Lockheed Martin Business Units globally.
- The organisation of LMUK Ampthill and how Business Areas and Functional Areas work together to win and deliver programmes.
- The responsibilities of the Business Development team and how these efforts support the business.
- Market intelligence and competitor research in support of major defence programmes
- Facilitate workshops to support company in pursuit of new business opportunities
- UK defence industry exhibition support and attendance as Business Development representative
- Attend customer and industry briefings in support of building industry knowledge
- Work with business areas to understand new defence contract opportunities
- Day to day team support through management reporting, including monthly orders, budget control and business performance outlook
- Participate in education outreach and charity activities
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Candidates should be studying for a marketing, business, finance or economic degree
- Motivation and a desire to contribute to a dynamic business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and enthusiastic with energy and commitment.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team
- The ability to prioritise and multi-task where required
- Background in business, marketing or financial studies
- Passion for the defence industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!