Because of our continued success and the recent award of significant contracts, the company is continuing in an exciting period of growth. Currently we have vacancies for high-calibre Graduate Engineers to join the Systems, Software, Mechanical and Electrical teams, working on the design and development of these products.
We are especially looking for candidates with a background in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other general Engineering degrees.
Candidates will have drive and be enthusiastic about change and challenge, with ambition for both our business and their personal success. In return, we offer a full career with potential for technical and/or management advancement, support by our commitment to ongoing professional training. We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong belief in both corporate and personal ethical standards and aim to provide an empowered and supportive working environment with a very competitive reward package.
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Graduate Engineers are required to join a multi-discipline Engineering Function, supporting a diverse range of activities, and this will include:
- Plan own work within defined constraints with the assistance of engineering and technical mentors
- Provide overall technical support and assistance to engineers
- Perform technical support and assistance to engineers
- Perform technical analyses and prepare engineering reports
- Participate in the management of selected subcontracted technical
- Develop the skills and working knowledge of project standards and procedures
- Meet plans, schedules and costs with assistance from engineering technical mentors
- Successfully complete and apply appropriate training courses
Candidates should have a strong desire to work in the Defence industry, specifically in the Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV), Mission Support (Ground Based air Defence) and Special Projects (Military Space) domains.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Be self-motivated needing minimal direction
- Strong analytical and technical ability
- Good IT skills in a range of software packages
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!