Logistics Support Engineer Industrial Placement
Apply by: 15.12.2021
South East +1
On an Undergraduate Placement, over 12 months, you will be expected to be involved in a number of areas in order to develop a broad understanding of a Integrated Logistics Support Engineer
Work in a fast growing discipline applying systems engineering principles to the development of concepts and designs for customer service operations. You’ll gain experience across a number of areas and develop a broad understanding systems and activities undertaken in the design and development of innovative support solutions.
Support Engineering is a fast growing area and covers applying systems engineering principles to the development of concepts and designs in readiness for Customer Service operations. Support service design involves:
- Engagement with customers and understanding their needs
- Modelling service solution performance and integrity
- Understanding the value and performance of data to deliver world class services
- Influencing a diverse technical, aircraft maintenance, supply chain and training service community
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
- Design and develop advanced training solutions that use modern technologies to help our customers stay one step ahead.
- Improvement and delivery of state-of-the-art mission planning and support services.
- Analyse information and data to continue to better support our customers specific needs.
- Development of future support solutions and capabilities that meet the needs our customers don’t yet know they have.
- Understanding through life support and existing capabilities, their performance and limitations, and enabling their continuous implementation and improvement.
What we require
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that motivates, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate situations that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
South East, Glasgow