London – 2021 Long Term Internship – Sustainable Finance Client Engagement
Apply by: 01.12.2021
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now works in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
About Global Markets
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses five global business lines;
- G10 Rates,
- Equity Derivatives (“EQD”),
- FXLM & Commodity Derivatives,
- Prime Solutions & Financing, and
- Primary & Credit Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
BNP Paribas, a front-runner in sustainable finance
BNP Paribas has put sustainability at the heart of its business strategy and, as well as integrating Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) into its risk, financing and investment policies, is actively supporting its clients in their own sustainability journey. Sustainable finance is embedded into each of our business lines with dedicated sustainable finance specialists in every asset class, as well as a dedicated Markets 360 Research Analyst in order for us to actively engage with our dual client base: Corporates & Institutionals.
- Financing: Use-of-proceeds instruments and ESG performance linked instruments
- Hedging: Sustainable underlying hedge, carbon offsetting and equity overlays to hedge climate risk, and impact hedges
- Investment / Impact: Responsible indices, sustainable funds, and ESG-linked notes
- Servicing sustainable solutions: ESG advisory and dedicating ESG Research team
As part of its Sustainable Finance strategy, Global Markets wishes to reinforce its commercial engagement with key clients of the bank to ensure BNP Paribas remain a strategic partner of BNPP in their energy transition by offering relevant sustainable and positive impact global markets solutions.
What you’ll do
As part of the team:
- Support the Head of team in the day-to-day work (ESG client reviews, preparation of pitches, maintaining dashboard of opportunities etc..)
- Interact closely with the Client marketing team, Company engagement, Sales & structuring teams, work with Sales to prepare client meetings, and content for client events
- Market watch (monitor competition offering and gather relevant information affecting the Clients in the ESG and sustainable finance space)
. Support in the creation of training material/ use cases for upskilling Sales.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leader in the market on a key strategic topic for the bank.
Competencies required for the role
Excellent academic record from top university or equivalent with a strong preference for a degree in a quantitative subject.
- Strong interest in and good understanding of the financial markets.
- Fluent in English.
- Good communicator.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical.
- Good project management skills.
Passion for the topic
Previous experience in ESG investing or sustainable finance capital markets at a bank, an asset manager, or a rating agency.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues