London – Graduate Analyst Programme 2022 – Research (Markets 360)
Apply by: 01.12.2021
The Markets 360 Graduate Programme is a 12-month rotational programme where you will conduct 3 x 3-month rotations, two of which will be within Markets 360. A third rotation will be in another area of Global Markets: Sales, Structuring, Research, Primary or Trading. This will give you an immense opportunity to learn more about a variety of products, clients and markets. This is a great platform from which to launch a rewarding career with one of the world’s leading investment banks.
While benefiting from outstanding training, early responsibility and guidance from a collaborative team of industry-leading specialists throughout the year, the rotational structure of the programme will provide you with a wealth of knowledge and exposure to our variety of products, clients and markets. As well as spending two rotations immersing yourself in live projects across our range of Primary desks, you’ll also gain the experience of working in another stream within Global Markets (Sales, Structuring, Trading, Research or Generalist) during your final rotation.
What you’ll get to do
We’re the bank that believes sustainability and profitability go hand in hand. So, in addition to developing the expertise and confidence to deliver market-leading solutions for our clients around the globe, you’ll discover our passion for always doing so in the right way. Activities will vary by rotation, but here’s an example of what you would do in a research rotation:
- Support research team conducting analysis of economies, financial markets, as well as political developments
- Assist in development of new research and modelling tools
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis on global markets
- Deep-dive research on a variety of countries/asset classes
- Presentations, research notes and responses to client questions
- Trading strategies
- Macroeconomic and market views, trading strategies to internal and external clients
What we’re looking for
In addition to your keen interest in Capital Markets, a drive to exceed expectations and confident communication skills, the following qualifications, skills and attributes will lead to your success in this role:
- Programming skills in Matlab, R or Eviews an advantage
- Proficient with MS Office tools, Excel and VBA
- Previous internship or work experience
- Strong mathematical, analytical, economic & quantitative skills
- Strong motivation to develop a career in Global Markets and a keen interest in global finance topics
- Fluent English; additional languages a definite advantage
- Confident verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent academic background
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Dedicated, enthusiastic team player
Code of Conduct
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Who are we?
We’re one of the world’s leading investment banks, also known as ‘the bank for a changing world’. Being recognized as the World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility (2019) by Euromoney magazine, reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. We contribute to the real economy by providing world-class solutions to a wide range of clients, including individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. We’re also home to more than 193,000 employees across 68 countries. As such, we take great pride in fostering an open, inclusive, and collaborative environment, where all are made to feel welcome from day one.