London – Graduate Analyst Programme 2022 – Risk Global Markets
Apply by: 01.12.2021
Main duties & responsibilities
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank’s top management on risk appetite and risk anticipation. We provide fast, reliable information about risk profile and offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group’s stakeholders.
RISK Global Markets (GM) is responsible for the monitoring of market, liquidity, and counterparty risks of the BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) perimeter. RISK GM helps the group’s senior management along with RISK Function and Global Markets to make the best choices by anticipating events and finding the right balance between profitability and long-term protection of the bank. RISK GM is organized into three streams (Market Risk, Counterparty and Financing Risk, Transaction and Electronic Trading) and present in 14 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Americas.
Become a part of a well-developed risk management culture focused on long-term vision, committed management, and strong and independent organisation.
What you’ll get to do
The RISK Department is a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, which aims to foster individual initiatives and innovation. Working in RISK Global Markets, you’ll have an opportunity to do the following:
- Proactively identify, analyse, and review market and counterparty risk exposures
- Actively contribute to the definition of official market and counterparty risk policies
- Acquire a solid understanding of a wide range of complex transactions across all types of asset classes (Credit, Interest Rate, FX, Repo, Equity, Commodity)
- Contribute to the valuation process and valuation risk monitoring
- Gain awareness and participate in the Bank’s transversal strategic projects
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Science, Economics, Econometrics, or related discipline
- Some familiarity with financial products (bond pricing, definition of Greeks (Delta/Vega/Gamma), concepts of option pricing) is preferred
- Exposure to banking regulation issues (an advantage but not a requirement)
- Motivation and ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team
- Curiosity and ability to learn quickly and being results driven
- Capacity for critical thinking, expressing good judgement, and a sense of responsibility
- High degree of work ethic and exemplary conduct
- Proficiency with MS Office, and an interest in developing practical solutions to data analysis problems by using more advanced solutions (R/Python)
Code of Conduct
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Who are we?
We’re one of the world’s leading investment banks, also known as ‘the bank for a changing world’. Being recognized as the World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility (2019) by Euromoney magazine, reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. We contribute to the real economy by providing world-class solutions to a wide range of clients, including individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. We’re also home to more than 193,000 employees across 68 countries. As such, we take great pride in fostering an open, inclusive, and collaborative environment, where all are made to feel welcome from day one.