Who We Are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now works in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
About Global Markets
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses five global business lines;
- G10 Rates,
- Equity Derivatives (“EQD”),
- FXLM & Commodity Derivatives,
- Prime Solutions & Financing, and
- Primary & Credit Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
The Credit Repo Financing desk lies within the Prime Solution and Financing division of BNP Paribas Global Markets and is responsible for raising and deploying funding in a secured way. It offers long term secured investment opportunities, provide financing on both liquid and less liquid/structured credit assets and is involved in all funding questions raising in capital markets activities. The team is global with activities in London, Hong-Kong and New-York.
What you’ll do
Working on the credit repo financing desk will enable you to:
- acquire a good understanding of the financing markets and broader Global Markets
- develop the necessary skills required to work in a large organisation
- provide you with the platform to display your initiative and drive process improvement
- develop automation and digitalisation tools
- be involved in the pricing of Sec Lending trades
- provide synthetic views of risk and analysis of regulatory ratios (LCR,NFSR, Leverage Ratio)
- identify and refine main p&l drivers
Competencies required for the role
- Excellent academic record from top university or equivalent
- Strong interest in and good understanding of the financial markets.
- Fluent in English.
- Good communicator.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical.
- Good project management skills.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Start Date: February 2022
Length of Internship: 6 months