BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 28,000 employees in over 50 countries can offer you an exciting and truly global start to your career, a career where you, your ideas and your development matter.
We work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. Our success is built on doing things differently, serving our clients and society responsibly, encouraging new ideas and giving our people the room to grow and innovate. If you are analytical, numerate and entrepreneurial, if you can, quickly understand complex financial concepts, if you speak good business English and are ready to learn, we want to hear from you.
AMM (Automated Market Making) activities are ranging from building electronic market-making strategies, algos design, execution strategies to provide liquidity internally and externally on a wide range of products and subsequently hedging risk inherited from client-facing, internal and on-exchange flows. AMM activities rely upon a state-of-the art technical architecture, low-latency trading systems and market-accesses.
Role: To support the rapid advancement of the BNP Paribas ETF Trading franchise, the intern will be joining a growing team of traders in London. She or he will be:
- Sitting on the desk, within the Automated Market-Making group. Supporting all post-trading processes :
- Ensuring a smooth settlement of OTC and on-exchange trades o Monitoring the book positions in securities and derivatives to control market risks
- Developing the desk pricing capacities and trading tools : o Fast and reliable skills: ability to improve existing VBA and Python code. o Help improving market-making algorithms, strategies back-tests
- Working with traders in London towards an improved industrialization of BNP Paribas’ market-making platform.
- Uncompromising attention to detail and rigor. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Risk awareness.
- Analytical background: Engineer (+ MSc in Finance is a plus).
- Ability to quickly apprehend complex IT infrastructures.
- Advanced level in any object-oriented language. Python a plus.