As L'Oréal’s Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) intern, you’ll be using data to and diagnose market dynamics. You need to be a whizz with numbers and data, but also a creative problem solver, drawing new and actionable insights for the business from these numbers.
You will be expected to ensure that CMI activities are executed accurately and advance the business objectives. You should be the voice of the consumer, helping to provide insight to facilitate business decisions. You will provide support on key CMI Market Intelligence projects, adding value to these projects through your Project Management skills and your understanding of continuous research.
- Help to support the day to day relationship with key continuous research agencies
- Train and educate the business, across marketing, commercial, category development, etc., in the understanding and utility of our data resources
- Manage tracking and delivery of market KPIs to the business on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure continuous regular reporting and ad hoc requests are delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- Understand how to analyse and interpret data that ultimately adds value and insight to the business
- Remain open-minded and creative to provide key learnings and recommendations to the business supported by market insights
- Help all areas of the business with their data requests around the market and our competitors
- Stay up to date with developments in the industry, with particular attention to trends, social media, consumer behaviour and data/analytics tools
- A passion for consumers and market research
- Highly computer literate with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- A passion for data, structured analytical approach and consistent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively taking into account deadlines
- Experience working proactively, using own initiative
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc. You also have the opportunity to ask her any questions about the culture and working environment at L’Oréal!
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a digital interview. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!