We want to bring beauty to all people. Beauty expresses itself in many ways. We believe in the beauty of protecting the environment and biodiversity, the beauty of supporting communities and providing security for employees. If you want to play a part in our sustainability journey then our Corporate Affairs internship could be for you.
From science education to beauty confidence partnerships, you’ll be helping build and protect the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a lively personality that wants to make a positive difference in the world.
You will be…
- Assisting with all organisational aspects of the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women In Science Programme
- Liaising closely with candidates, jury, readers and partners
- Managing all enquiries from applicants
- Monitoring and maintaining the Fellowship online application system
- Using a Content Management System for the online applications
- Assisting with the running of events onsite
- Assisting in the development and issuing of PR and marketing collateral
- Supporting with event management of charity partnership activities
- Liaising closely with charity partners, brands and key stakeholders
- Manage employee volunteering and fundraising activities
- Supporting on the creation of case studies and PR materials for our external communications
- Supporting on social content for external communications
- Updating and analysing data
- Booking and handling of event logistics
- Responding to charitable and education enquiries
- Attending corporate affairs meetings and supporting on team activities as required
- Supporting the corporate press office with administrative tasks
- Strong communication and networking skills – verbal and writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Results driven and respect for deadlines
- Strong project management skills and evidence of seeing things through to completion
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to multi-task
- Have an interest in sustainability and science
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc. You also have the opportunity to ask her any questions about the culture and working environment at L’Oréal!
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a digital interview. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!