As a pioneer in Digital Marketing, L’Oréal is the place to learn how it’s really done! As digital becomes ever more important in all aspects of life, the skills you learn on this placement will be a valuable asset in the modern job market.
As a Digital Marketing Intern you will use your skills to help market our products and engage our audience. You might be writing content for social media and email, as well as managing creative campaigns to interact with our users and optimize our website for our consumer use. There’s no guaranteed formula for success - you’ll be trialling campaigns and assessing results to help guide our long-term vision.
- Assist your team in the management of brand website updates – Banners, content, brand hubs, and catalogue
- Work with website analytics and reporting on trend, social analytics and competitor analysis
- Manage stakeholders both internally and externally
- Collate and present monthly performance, including recommendations on improvements and testing
- Manage Social media campaigns, moderation and social listening
- Work with sales and marketing team on brand eCommerce and eRetailer catalogue update
- Work with media agencies to support the delivery of marketing digital campaigns, including supplying of assets, links and reporting
- Regularly generate, analyse, interpret and communicate traffic against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Assist in the development of eRetail brand shops and campaigns
- Implement SEO best practice
- High attention to detail with a data-driven mind set
- Enjoy using and implementing statistics to solve problems and suggest improvements
- Creative, with an eye for web site design & usability
- Demonstrated an ability to manage projects, focus on achieving objectives, adjust priorities, manage time and follow up on actions
- A media/digital enthusiast who currently has their own active social profile on multiple platforms as well as a demonstrable interest in social media new and developments would be preferable
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible)
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc. You also have the opportunity to ask her any questions about the culture and working environment at L’Oréal!
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a digital interview. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!