Running a successful event is the best adrenaline rush. You need to be on the ball, able to think on your feet and respond quickly to developing situations, but there is no better feeling than seeing guests enjoying the event you have worked so hard to create. If you don’t fancy sitting at a desk nine to five, then L'Oréal’s Events Internship is a role you can throw yourself into.
Whether it’s a one-day seminar or month-long roadshow, you will be creating the human face of the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a lively personality - this is a job as much about fun as hard work.
- Assist with all organizational aspects of events such as the L’Oréal Colour Trophy and Fashion Week
- Liaise closely with top hairdressers, salons and artists, organising travel and logistics for teams, sending out call sheets, ordering collateral/branding, booking venues and ensuring contracts are in place, assisting with the running of events onsite and researching specific events and ad hoc projects and reporting back findings and presenting to senior management
- Book rooms and manage the invitee lists for trade events and ensuring employees are receiving their invitations and any other communication relating to these events.
- Raise purchase orders, recording and tracking spend to ensure all projects are run within budget.
- Update and analyze data
- Book and handle of complicated event logistics
- Send out itineraries on time & writing letters
- Strong communication and networking skills – verbal and writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Results driven and respect for deadlines
- Strong project management skills and evidence of seeing things through to completion
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to multi-task
- A keen interest in events and the hairdressing industry
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc. You also have the opportunity to ask her any questions about the culture and working environment at L’Oréal!
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a digital interview. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!