At L'Oréal we firmly believe that the end of your education doesn’t mark the end of your learning. We’re passionate about ensuring all our employees are constantly developing their skills with on-the-job learning - everything from courses, networking sessions and in house training.
As L'Oréal’s Learning Intern you’ll be developing your own skills and knowledge while helping others to do the same. You don’t have to become that mean teacher who gives everyone homework, but instead you’ll get to put together engaging seminars and training sessions, produce learning materials and organise speakers.
- Be actively involved in coordinating the ‘learning needs analysis’ meetings with senior managers across the business.
- Keep our learning database up to date with local and international courses.
- Register and track employee attendance for local and international seminars
- Promote new trainings by building communication plans e.g. creating posters, writing articles and arranging ‘drop in’ sessions.
- Manage the logistical and material preparation for our events and training sessions
- Analyse the participant feedback to make sure our courses are timely and relevant.
- Assist in managing the 2 day new starter seminar - managing internal speakers, logistics and registration of participants.
- Help to run the back-end of the Own Your Future app
- Excellent communication skills: ability to build genuine relationships at all levels
- Organisation skills: ability to plan, co-ordinate and react quickly to changes, to prioritise and manage your own workload.
- Attention to detail: ability to analyse data and draw conclusions, you‘ll be able to learn systems quickly and use Excel spreadsheets
- Creative thinking: generate new ideas and ways to animate our learning offer e.g. icebreaker games and PowerPoint design
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc. You also have the opportunity to ask her any questions about the culture and working environment at L’Oréal!
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a digital interview. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role..
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!