For a company like L'Oréal, consumer satisfaction is at the core of everything we do. Selling our 34 international brands is a challenge that takes a lot of creativity and tenacity. As a Marketing intern you’ll be placed into one of these exciting brands and are expected to get stuck in, thinking of innovative ways to tailor our products to a UK audience.
Marketing within the fast moving consumer goods sector is dynamic, reactive and requires plenty of unique ideas for how L'Oréal can best stand out. You’ll be working on your own live projects and briefs, where you’ll be assessing our competitors, supporting on brand launches and working closely with commercial, visual merchandising and digital to enable a full 360 marketing campaign.
- Perform a competitor analysis: pricing and market awareness/tracking
- Manage projects; including adaptation of international product concepts/advertising to the UK
- Budgeting; forecasting costs accurately, tracking spend and ability to save costs where appropriate
- Data analysis; extracting the correct data for analysis, and ability to interpret and relay the data
- Creative strategy; manage campaigns with both clear strategic and innovative input
- Designing; briefing artwork agencies on designs for product packaging and point of sale materials and supporting the process through design and print until the materials reach the retailer
- Brainstorm new ingredient and name ideas, reviewing product submissions, evaluating the beauty market and voting on final product names and packaging
- Sense of initiative and problem solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work to deadlines whilst under pressure
- Proactivity, with a keen eye for improved
- Strong attention to detail
- Good all-round performer with emphasis on creativity and numerical skill
- Able to work autonomously
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc. You also have the opportunity to ask her any questions about the culture and working environment at L’Oréal!
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a digital interview. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!