For a company like L'Oréal, press coverage, PR events and working with influencers is at the heart of everything we do. Representing our 35 international brands, each with its own voice is a challenge that takes a lot of creativity and tenacity.
Whether it’s a PR launch, help with organising an influencer trip, or coming up with ideas for a creative PR mailout, you’ll be creating the human face of the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a lively personality - this is a job as much about fun as hard work.
Working in the press office, you will help us to portray our brands in the best way possible to the press. This may include liaising day to day on specific products or offers to readers, or managing large-scale events. As an intern, your principal accountability would be to provide support to the press office in ensuring the smooth running of day to day business. You would be responsible for your own live projects within the team, with exposure to senior management.
- Manage product mail-outs, coming up with creative ideas for send outs to encourage social sharing and press coverage
- Manage our media lists
- Help with supporting PR and influencer events, from PR launches to trips
- Work with external PR agency on a day to day basis
- Handle press calls & liaising with journalists
- Monitor influencers, newspapers and magazines for coverage and scanning for distribution, to share PR teams wins with the wider teams
- Help the team with social media, this could be captions, taking images for social channels and scheduling
- Ordering of product, stationary orders, post and couriers & press cuttings
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Understanding of the beauty business
- Understanding of communications tools
- Capacity to understand the bigger business picture
- Have a technical mind but keen to work within the heart of a business
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Strong networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc. You also have the opportunity to ask her any questions about the culture and working environment at L’Oréal!
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a digital interview. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!