The driving force behind any successful business is the people and at L’Oréal people are the core of everything we do. It has never been more important to find the right talent to make innovations and decisions to push the business to be the best.
You need to be a people person; you’ll need the emotional intelligence it takes to work with a wide variety of people and solve problems that arise. There will also be opportunity to help with the learning and development of staff too, making this a busy but rewarding role. You will be required to provide a high level of customer service to both candidates and the internal managers alike.
We will give you the opportunity to get a true flavour of the world of Human Resources with a specific focus on talent acquisition and development either in the Luxury Retail team or in the Emerging Talent Team.
- Providing support to the recruitment processes for graduates and interns or Beauty Advisors
- Partnering with the business to ensure the best talent is hired
- Offer support to the planning and execution of the Brandstorm Marketing Competition in the UK & driving campus activity (within Emerging Talent)
- Engaging the Beauty Advisor community to ensure the right people are hired (within Luxury Retail Team)
- Manage mailbox and phone queries from prospective candidates and guide them through the application process
- Execute your own projects to help increase diversity within L’Oréal
- Help to manage and grow our social media presence
- Help to create content, book in and assist on the training for graduates and interns or Beauty Advisors
- Update new and existing job roles and descriptions to fit the business’s needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong team player approach with the ability to network
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proactivity, with a keen eye for improved efficiency
- You may be required to travel to our other office locations frequently during this internship.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc. You also have the opportunity to ask her any questions about the culture and working environment at L’Oréal!
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a digital interview. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!