Mace’s Cost Consultancy and Commercial Management Practice supports our clients to focus on cost and value early in the project life-cycle to be able to influence decision making. We combine the understanding of our clients' business drivers and output requirements with our knowledge of construction costs and the market trends that influence costs to create insightful and accurate assessments of proposals. Mace Cost Consultancy operate across a breadth of property and infrastructure sectors, including public and private.
Our approach is to actively manage costs, identifying and addressing potential issues early, providing informed advice at the appropriate time to facilitate client control and enable business decisions to be taken with confidence. Coupled with this approach, we think beyond our discipline and use innovative approaches to fully participate in a team based approach to project working. The diversity and breadth of services and sectors that Mace provides enables our cost consultancy teams to offer unique cost management services to our clients.
Quantity surveyors working in a consultancy capacity are often referred to as private quantity surveyors (PQS) whose role can be defined under multiple job titles such as Cost Consultant or Cost Manager or Commercial Managers.
There are 2 positions in this role for a Graduate level Cost Consultant/Commercial Assistant focussed on initially assisting senior members of the Commercial team with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Estimating and producing cost plans in Causeway CATO
- Checking costs in accordance with the relevant Conditions of Contract
- Initially assisting with the production of valuations on behalf of the Client and to the Client.
- Analysing final accounts
- Production of payments to Supply Chain in accordance with relevant Terms and Conditions of appointment
- Measurement exercises to inform the cost plans as required, including the preparation of schedules of quantities.
- Assisting the drafting of procurement documentation both on behalf of Mace and also Client as required.
- Undertaking / producing tender reports where required
- Providing support to the production of monthly reports both for Client and internal for Mace
- Provision of support where required to the tender process
- Assisting the Commercial team with variations and change control processes
- Attending client meetings as required.
Professional Qualification Routes
Mace’s Cost Consultancy and Commercial Management Practice provides extensive training and support for graduates including RICS workshops, leading to professional RICS qualification.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained). Candidates must be studying an RICS accredited degree.
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
Please note that initially these roles will involve working remotely and in our offices in Moorgate, London and from March 2022 there is the requirement for being able to work near to Reading, Berkshire
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!