Mace offers a full multidisciplinary design service to clients, and an integral part of this service is Building Services Engineering Design. Our unique offer means that a typical design team, including engineers, cost consultants and CDM-C professionals sit within the same office. Working in this joined-up way means excellent design skills are combined with great communication and a holistic understanding of how engineering design can evolve and adapt to meet the client’s true goals.
As a Graduate engineer, you will work closely with Senior Engineers of all disciplines assisting in the design of building services. You will work as part of a team assisting in the design and delivery of building and engineering projects in order to achieve the highest quality within given time scales, budgets and statutory requirements.
You will be involved in the development of the design from concept through to an ongoing monitoring role in the construction phases of a project. At all times you will be encouraged to champion low energy, sustainable design solutions.
As a graduate engineer you will assist in the production of electrical, mechanical and public health engineering designs. You will carry out calculations using first principles by hand and learn various industry standard software packages. Following completion of the Graduate programme you will have the opportunity to choose a discipline to specialise in.
The design approach we are now adopting involves producing digital models of the building incorporating all the various design disciplines. This provides a very hands on environment in which to learn about the roles and responsibilities of other members of the team.
There is an opportunity for this role to start work in September 2021, either based in London or Winchester.
The Mace two-year graduate development programme offers you the chance to specialise in a specific role within the company. Through structured training and working relationships with colleagues you will also have the opportunity to learn about our work across a variety of disciplines that cross the entire property life cycle: project management, programme management, project controls, architecture and design, facilities management, sustainability, construction, commercial management, cost consultancy, structural engineering, and mechanical and electrical engineering.
Graduates that join our programme gain exposure to the variety of services offered to our clients and take on responsibility in real, live project environments. You will work alongside industry leading professionals at Mace and many prestigious and high-profile clients. Our comprehensive two-year development programme includes:
- A two-day formal induction
- Classroom and virtual sessions covering technical skills in the construction life cycle and key business skills including presentation and leadership skills.
- Interactive group projects using live case studies
- Guidance and support in order to progress towards professional chartership status with industry bodies.
- Networking opportunities with senior managers and peers
- One-to-one support from line managers, mentors, recent graduates and chartership advisors.
Professional Qualification Routes
Graduates working in Engineering Design will be supported in working towards a professional membership with either CIBSE or IET.
- You must have, or be on track to achieve, a minimum 2.1 in an Mechanical, Electrical or Building services engineering degree by Summer 2021.
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!